Bond University (AUSTRALIA) or Leicester University (UK)

Jas24

Barry
  • Law School Admit
4 minutes ago, Jas24 said:

Ahah yeah bro I am aware of that but that being said, I won't be starting school till next September 2022 and that is if I get accepted. 

Are you older? A year is not a huge deal in the grand scheme of a 30+ year career. Bond University will always be there next year if you don't get it, but you're so close to a 160+. I'm not gonna let you do this, i'm sorry, it's just not an option for you. 

what's the deadline to apply abroad btw? and wouldn't you start at the same time?

Edited by Barry

1 minute ago, Barry said:

Are you older? A year is not a huge deal in the grand scheme of a 30+ year career. Bond University will always be there next year if you don't get it, but you're so close to a 160+. I'm not gonna let you do this, i'm sorry, it's just not an option for you. 

ahah appreciate the motivation, yes I have started studying again but you know stigmatized by the rejections two years in a row, like I mentioned before I have seen students with general applications get accepted that have lower score than me. I am 25 year old, been applying since 22 ish. 

MapleLeafs
  • Law Student

I don't think your stats are the problem. At the minimum, you should have gotten into a Canadian school, such as TRU. Spend some time on your application materials and getting your LSAT score higher, you will likely get in next year. Also, consider LSAT prep companies. I used HarvardReady and I don't think I would be in law school right now without it 

Edited by MapleLeafs
  • Thanks 1

Barry
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, Jas24 said:

ahah appreciate the motivation, yes I have started studying again but you know stigmatized by the rejections two years in a row, like I mentioned before I have seen students with general applications get accepted that have lower score than me. I am 25 year old, been applying since 22 ish. 

I mean go ahead and apply anyway I guess, but definitely evaluate your LSAT study methods, maybe invest in a tutor, still waaay cheaper than going abroad, no? If you need some tips feel free to DM me. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BondGuy said:

If you're already saddled with the stigma of being NCA I think the letters behind your name are the least of your worries. 

Now that's true, for sure. In context of the LLB vs. JD discussion, you're totally right that it's a difference without a distinction. I just chose to fixate on the throwaway line.