Transfer to UOttawa

ng5492022

ng5492022
  • Law School Admit

I am looking to transfer to UOttawa after completing 1L at another Canadian university. Does anyone have any experience with transfer apps? I am wondering if it is as competitive as regular admissions and what makes one’s app strong so that I can plan ahead. 

GoatDuck
  • Law Student

Not sure about UOttawa specifically, but the popular wisdom is that transfers are very unlikely and students shouldn't expect to transfer. It's not that it's very competitive, in the sense that the school has a limited number of transfer spots and many students compete for those spots. It's rather that schools seem to be willing to admit transfer students only in rare cases when students present good-enough reasons for wanting to transfer and have a competitive law school record, and while I'm not sure what counts as "good-enough reasons", it seems like most people's reasons don't pass the bar. Hopefully someone more familiar with UOttawa situation specifically can speak to this. 

• Like 1