Non-Traditional Applicant (Splitter?) in Canada

VOS2o

VOS2o
  • Applicant

I graduated from Queen's in 2018 with a science degree. My GPA was in the low 2.x. I was dealing with a lot of burnout and depression, and ended up failing an entire semester. I risked being kicked out and it was a miracle I managed to get my honors degree in 4 years despite failing 10 courses. 

I have since been working in retail banking for 5 years. I am currently a financial advisor.

I always knew I wanted to go back to school but I didn't want to go until I was ready. Recently I just took the LSAT and I scored 166. It's lower than I wanted (I was aiming for 170+) and I know I can do better. I've been looking at a lot of US schools but I'm not familiar with Canadian Law Schools and their sentiment towards splitters. Would my LSAT be high enough to make me a "splitter"?

What schools are receptive to splitters? From what I read, Canadian schools are generally not as receptive as American schools. Would my GPA be too low to give me a chance, even with my work experience?

The other thing I have been thinking of doing is going back to school for an MBA before applying for Law School. Would that help with my chances at law school?

Thanks!