Resume/CV in Application

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student

I haven't done anything notable to add to my resume/CV for Ryerson Law. Would a mediocre resume negatively impact my application? What should I focus on in order to improve my chances of admission? 

99problems
  • Lawyer
42 minutes ago, Dee said:

I haven't done anything notable to add to my resume/CV for Ryerson Law. Would a mediocre resume negatively impact my application? What should I focus on in order to improve my chances of admission? 

Have you written your LSAT? A high score can make up for a mediocre resume. Mediocrity can be subjective, you may have an actually good resume compared to other applicants. But if your resume is in fact mediocre, it won't have a significantly positive impact on your application.

Applications are assessed holistically. So if you think a part of your application is weak and there's nothing that you can do to improve it, you should focus on improving the other parts (i.e. LSAT score and Personal Statement). Generally, I think that your LSAT score and your GPA are the main deciding factors. Your resume and ECs are tie-breakers. So if you are in a good position score-wise, I wouldn't worry about my resume.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Thanks 1