Commuting from Ajax/Durham to TMU (Incoming 1L)

Sundin13
  • Applicant

Hey guys! 

Congrats to those accepted and hope those waiting hear some good news soon! I'll be commuting from Ajax from September (Car, Train from Ajax GO, Subway). Does anyone have any experience commuting from Ajax or other areas in Durham...is it doable? It seems like the estimate is around 1hr 15mins each way. Is that reasonable for law school? Any advice or input highly appreciated!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Cali_75
  • Law School Admit

It’s doable but you’ll have to take the GO and TTC because the GO brings you to Union station and that is not the stop for TMU.  It’s basically 2 fares.

lawsttime
  • Law Student

I did that commute in undergrad so my schedule was less packed as 1L is. I would advise against commuting IF you can afford to do so. I'd look into student residences if that's an option. But the commute isn't terrible - just very tiring if you're going down 5 days a week.

• 1 month later...
vital_signs
  • Law Student

I wouldn't do it, but I know someone who did the same commute for U of T Law. They did very well in school, as did others I know who commuted from places like Oakville and Mississauga. So not recommended, but certainly not a death sentence. If you're a morning person who feels comfortable working on the train, then you're definitely be more likely to succeed. 

PeachyGirl
  • Law Student

I mean if it's saving you a lot of money then I would do it, but you will have very, very long days, and will have school 4 days a week so just be prepared for that.