How Many H's?

Descartes98

Descartes98
  • Law Student

Hi all, I'm curious as to how many H's/HH's are needed to successfully land a job in big law in Toronto during the 2L recruit. Is 2 or 3 sufficient or are upwards of 6+ needed? Thanks!

Ben
  • Law Student

Two or three is definitely enough to get interviews. Six or more would put you at or near the top of your class. 

EDIT: sorry, I read this as "how many HHs." This article will answer your question. 

Edited by Ben

Descartes98
  • Law Student
31 minutes ago, Ben said:

Two or three is definitely enough to get interviews. Six or more would put you at or near the top of your class. 

EDIT: sorry, I read this as "how many HHs." This article will answer your question. 

Thanks. So based on the article, it appears that 5 H's total is the average amount among successful candidates. Do you think 2-3 H's puts you out of the race?

ruthlessfox
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, Descartes98 said:

Thanks. So based on the article, it appears that 5 H's total is the average amount among successful candidates. Do you think 2-3 H's puts you out of the race?

No.

OnlyResident
  • Articling Student

It's not unheard of to get interviews and land big law jobs with straight Ps either. I just want to throw that out there as well. 

Descartes98
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, OnlyResident said:

It's not unheard of to get interviews and land big law jobs with straight Ps either. I just want to throw that out there as well. 

Really? So does 2-4 put you in good standing?

OnlyResident
  • Articling Student
49 minutes ago, Descartes98 said:

You'll definitely get some OCIs. I think if you have 4 or more, then you would be in pretty good shape.  

1 hour ago, Descartes98 said:

4 H's is about average, which definitely puts you in good standing. 3's sufficient.