Chance Me Please!

grz

grz
  • Undergrad

I have finished my degree and am looking to apply for the 2024 cycle. I have currently started LSAT studying and am wondering what LSAT score would make me competitive and what would be attainable considering my starting point.

My first choices would be a school in BC:

UBC, UVIC, TRU

However I would literally go to any law school in Canada if need be so please consider chances for the rest as well!

Stats:

CGPA: 4.02/4.33 scale without any drops which I think roughly converts to 86 percent on a 4.00 scale. (This might not be entirely accurate)

Softs: pretty weak softs, was a club coordinator for a year but have worked in a management/ supervisor position in a non law related job throughout the four years of undergrad.

Diagnostic LSAT: 152

CrimeAndPunishment
  • Applicant

You have an Ok shot at TRU, probably later in the cycle if you do get an acceptance from them. You have a very good GPA, if you can bump that LSAT to 159-163 I would say you’ve got a good shot at UVic, very likely in at TRU and maybe with a good backstory you might squeeze into UBC depending where you are on that score band. These are my guesses from the limited amount that I know about UVic and UBC. If you can get up to 160 I would say in at Alberta, Dalhousie, Ottawa and others. 

• 1 month later...
uhaulpartyguy
  • Law Student

I know you mentioned BC schools but I have extremely similar stats (4.1 cumulative GPA and 147 LSAT), granted I had extremely good softs. I got into USask after only 75 credits of undergrad. The school takes a pretty holistic approach. 

so there is hope for the low scorers! 

• Like 1