LSAT Advice...?

icanlaw22

icanlaw22
  • Applicant

I did a practice test today and scored 155. I plan to take the August test and in the meantime study about 4-5 hours each day (full-time) until the beginning of July. Then part-time in July leading up to the test. I really want a 160 and reading comp seems to be killing my score. Any advice or words of encouragement are welcome! I feel like I'm slowly burning out...

Chewy
  • Law School Admit

Do you know why RC is your worst section? 

Listen to this podcast episode by Powerscore.

RC was my worst section for a while and I couldn't put my finger on why I was doing so poorly. I came across this podcast episode by Powerscore and it gave a breakdown of a few tests that you can do to see where you're falling short. 

GoatDuck
  • Law Student

I think you have everything going for you to score a 160 on the August test. If you approach your study intelligently, you should have no issues getting the score you want. To approach your study intelligently, focus on what exactly you're not getting (get more specific than just identifying the section. What sort of RC questions do you struggle with the most? Is it understanding the questions, understanding the text, or...?) and target a bunch of practice passages with exactly those types of questions. Paying subscription for a service like 7Sage can really help with that -- they have lots of good analytic tools that make it easy to work on your weak areas. All the best on the August test, and if you don't get the score you want right away, you have plenty of time to retake the test before January!

Edited by GoatDuck
typos