Rejected 2023

applecidervinegar
  • Paralegal

Starting off this post strong. Second-time applicant. 

LSAT: 165

GPA: 81% with drops 

PS: I believe it was strong. I had the managing partner at my law firm read over it and he said it was very compelling and gave me some pointers which I integrated. I come from an immigrant, low-income family and grew up with an autistic brother and worked full time during highschool. I juggled four jobs and volunteered for the Downtown Criminal Court and as an exec for UBC clubs during my undergrad. I went through a mental health crisis in my first few years of undergrad and submitted documentation to prove it, as well as a letter from my therapist confirming how I've healed from it in the past few years. I have 5 years of law firm experience, including working at the Supreme Court of British Columbia for a year and volunteering for Access Pro Bono for 3 years while working full time as a Legal Assistant. I currently work as a paralegal at a commercial litigation law firm and received 3 strong reference letters from 2 professors at UBC and a name partner at my firm. 

For those who think that a rejection defines your skills and abilities - don't. There are so many other options out there and you will reach your dream to become a lawyer, even if you aren't accepted to your top choice!

I was accepted to UVIC, TRU (with a 5k scholarship), Dalhousie (with a 16k scholarship), and USask. I will be going to UVic. 

Edited by applecidervinegar
  • Hugs 7

ellemm
  • Law Student

Also rejected today. 

4.0 (Alberta GPA)

152 LSAT

Applied discretionary. Strong PS with many years of legal assistant work and federal government litigation work.
Feeling heartbroken and discouraged, but will re-take the LSAT and apply next year. 

• Hugs 3

starbuxlawyer
  • Law School Admit

165, 85% UBC GPA

I applied for discretionary admission and had compelling reasons to do so. I have been working at a law firm that has great connections to UBC over the last year and previously worked in a hospital during the pandemic. Coming from an immigrant family, we have faced numerous challenges related to finance, racial discrimination, and systemic barriers. I am proud to be the first person in my family to graduate from high school and attend university. Further, I had strong motivations to pursue a career in law, making this rejection from UBC particularly heartbreaking. I had the privilege of receiving exceptional references from a tenured UBC professor and a very well known partner at my law firm. Both of them also invested significant time and effort in reviewing my application over several months. UBC was my top choice, and it is truly disappointing not to be accepted. As a result, I have declined all other acceptances and will be attending UVic instead.

I was accepted to TRU, Western, Ottawa, Osgoode, and UCalgary, good luck to the rest still waiting on a response. ❤️ 

• LOL 1
  • Hugs 5

theaukr
  • Law Student

Rejected today, applied discretionary.

LSAT 165

GPA 90.1%

Disappointed because I thought I had a good chance but accepted my top choice a while ago, so it's ok!

danytea
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, theaukr said:

Rejected today, applied discretionary.

LSAT 165

GPA 90.1%

Disappointed because I thought I had a good chance but accepted my top choice a while ago, so it's ok!

Could it be that you are rejected because you already accepted an offer elsewhere? I just can't believe in my eyes, your index is 93+ 🥲

theaukr
  • Law Student
18 hours ago, danytea said:

Could it be that you are rejected because you already accepted an offer elsewhere? I just can't believe in my eyes, your index is 93+ 🥲

It's also entirely possible that my GPA calculation is way off and completely incorrect!

bandmanrill
  • Applicant

Was also rejected on Monday as a discretionary applicant! 163 LSAT/3.8ish GPA. Happy to have been admitted at another BC school and glad that this process is over with!

mehak.rocks
13 hours ago, bandmanrill said:

Was also rejected on Monday as a discretionary applicant! 163 LSAT/3.8ish GPA. Happy to have been admitted at another BC school and glad that this process is over with!

What school did you get into? If you don't mind me asking

bandmanrill
  • Applicant
14 hours ago, mehak.rocks said:

What school did you get into? If you don't mind me asking

TRU and UVic as a regular applicant! Will be going to UVic 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
Monophobia
  • Law Student

Rejected by email 5 minutes ago. Regular applicant.

GPA: 82.41%

LSAT: 161

This ends my cycle, so I'm quite relieved it's finally all over. Already firmly accepted Queen's last week.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

vrotdugi
  • Applicant

Rejected general

3.4~ GPA, 172 LSAT, Good EC’s

going to osgoode so not too upset but would have been nice to hear back sooner!

GuiltyMind88
  • Applicant

Rejected general

3.82 ~ GPA, 161 LSAT, Good EC's

Was expecting it and already heavily commited to UofC so not too torn up about it, honestly just surprised it took this long.

Good luck to everyone!

silverelves
  • Applicant

rejected general

gpa 3.88 with drops

lsat 162

expecting it anyways and already accepted offer at queens:) 

• Ryn pinned this topic
  • Ryn locked this topic
  • Renerik unpinned this topic