Anyone waiting for response after MAG BC interview?

toastedguac

toastedguac
  • Law Student

Recently had my interview, they said they'd contact the references of the successful applicants but my references say they havent been contacted yet. Has anyone's references heard anything or has anyone gotten an offer? 

icecreamluver
  • Law Student

In the same boat! Had my interview a couple days ago and haven’t heard back. They should be sending out offers by now but don’t know if that’s happened yet because people I know who applied haven’t heard back either

• Like 1

toastedguac
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, icecreamluver said:

In the same boat! Had my interview a couple days ago and haven’t heard back. They should be sending out offers by now but don’t know if that’s happened yet because people I know who applied haven’t heard back either

Nothing for me either at end of day. I know someone else who is waiting too and they havent gotten anything as of now. It sucks cause I've been replaying all the scenes of the interview in my mind and nitpicking or if I cut them off at some point lol.

Reanada
  • Law Student

Interviewed early May. Havent heard back yet either. My understanding is that offers will be (approximately) sent from May 17th-26th.  Also just wondering, where did you read/hear that only successful applicants will have their references selected? Also did you interview for the BCPS or the LSB?

Edited by Reanada

Gamgee
  • Law Student

BCPS calls started yesterday, some people have heard from them. Not sure about LSB. 

icecreamluver
  • Law Student
9 hours ago, Reanada said:

Also just wondering, where did you read/hear that only successful applicants will have their references selected? Also did you interview for the BCPS or the LSB?

On the timeline on their website, it says they do reference checks before extending offers. 
I interviewed with LSB!

1 hour ago, Gamgee said:

BCPS calls started yesterday, some people have heard from them. Not sure about LSB. 

I don’t know anyone who has received a call from LSB yet so here’s hoping that they are behind on their timeline 🤞

Edited by icecreamluver

Reanada
  • Law Student
13 minutes ago, icecreamluver said:

On the timeline on their website, it says they do reference checks before extending offers. 
I interviewed with LSB!

I saw that but I was wondering if they do reference checks for all candidates that did the oral interview as part of their ranking process (and not just for successful applicants). I applied to the BCPS btw.  

Edited by Reanada

Coffee Addict
  • Law Student

Does anyone if they're still doing reference checks for BC PS? My friend and I haven't heard anything from any of our references. 

I suspect that means we didn't get shortlisted 😔

Reanada
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, Gamgee said:

Would you happen to know how long it usually takes to contact all successful applicants? 

toastedguac
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, Reanada said:

Would you happen to know how long it usually takes to contact all successful applicants? 

Probably fluctuates in terms of how long everyone takes to get back. But I guess not getting a rejection letter yet is a good sign 

Reanada
  • Law Student

It seems the LSB has just finalized their decision and have made offers to the successful candidates. 

toastedguac
  • Law Student
6 hours ago, Reanada said:

It seems the LSB has just finalized their decision and have made offers to the successful candidates. 

Yup got my email today from LSB, weird cause they already let me know a few months ago that I didn't make the cut for LSB. Wonder where the BCPS is in their rankings for interviews and locations.

toastedguac
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, Reanada said:

The BCPS seems to have finalized their decisions as well 

how do you know?

toastedguac
  • Law Student

Hm no rejection letters either today, has anyone reached out to them?

muleoflaw
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, toastedguac said:

Hm no rejection letters either today, has anyone reached out to them?

I haven't reached out to them but my references said they were contacted today, so I'm guessing they are still deciding on offers and just behind schedule. Hoping I hear soon because this waiting is agony 

• 2 weeks later...
Reanada
  • Law Student
17 hours ago, muleoflaw said:

I'm still waiting, radio silence. Anyone else heard anything???

Did you apply to the BCPS? 

Reanada
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, muleoflaw said:

Yes

Sorry to hear that they're making you wait so long...I guess that might mean that they still haven't been able to fill up all the spaces. When they called me there were only a few offices left with positions open, but i guess a lot of the applicants they called afterwards aren't accepting the positions at offices located in the small cities.  

Edited by Reanada

muleoflaw
  • Law Student

Well they finally put me out of my misery 🥲 congrats to those who got offers

• Hugs 1