Chance me plz! CGPA 3.93/4.0 LSAT 158 (for UVIC or UOttawa?)

lete

I was considering going to law school in 2018, so I took the LSAT in Nov 2018, got in Osgoode in late August 2020 (I think I was waitlisted or something), but I decided not to go for it as I was already pursuing a master's degree at the moment when I got the admission offer.

Now, almost 5 years after, I am starting to reconsider law school (I feel more confident about myself, about what I want to do, etc.), and I know I would probably have to take LSAT again for higher scores (aiming for ~165), but still was wondering at which school, including UVIC and UOttawa and excluding U of T, l I have decent shots with my current stats..

Thank you very much everyone for the advice and comment in advance 🙂

Chewy
  • Law School Admit

I’d say Ottawa is your better chance out of the two. Many of their accepted students have high cGPAs and lower LSATs. UVIC may be a stretch but with a 163+ I’d say you’re in great shape.

I don’t know if you’ll need to re-write the LSAT. By September 2024, your LSAT score will have expired as the scores are only valid for 5 years. But chances are you’ll be applying before November, so I’m not sure how that would work.

Edited by Chewy

luckycharm
20 hours ago, lete said:

I was considering going to law school in 2018, so I took the LSAT in Nov 2018, got in Osgoode in late August 2020 (I think I was waitlisted or something), but I decided not to go for it as I was already pursuing a master's degree at the moment when I got the admission offer.

Now, almost 5 years after, I am starting to reconsider law school (I feel more confident about myself, about what I want to do, etc.), and I know I would probably have to take LSAT again for higher scores (aiming for ~165), but still was wondering at which school, including UVIC and UOttawa and excluding U of T, l I have decent shots with my current stats..

Thank you very much everyone for the advice and comment in advance 🙂

Queens

• 2 weeks later...
msephora
  • Law School Admit

I have similar stats as you… LSAT 157 and cGPA 3.95/4.0 and I was accepted to UOttawa this cycle. I don’t have a Masters either. For what it’s worth I also applied at Queens & Western but I accepted Ottawa before I got a decision - but a few rounds of rejections had already been sent out & I hadn’t received one so! 

Lui
  • Law Student

Not sure if you've had a chance to look at this chart, which provides a comprehensive breakdown of the GPA/LSAT scores of the incoming 1L cohort in 2022. You have a great GPA, so I wouldn't necessarily say it's impossible (based on the chart, there was one person who was accepted to UVic with similar stats as you), but as someone else mentioned earlier, a few more points on the LSAT would definitely enhance your chances for UVic. Best of luck!

GPAoverLSAT

I had a 3.93 and 157 LSAT this cycle and managed to get into UOttawa and UWestern. It's definitely possible, considering you likely have good ECs.