2L OCI Recruit Chances

LAWGeek

LAWGeek
  • Law Student

I have 3 B-, 3 B, and 1 C- (in crim). I have a few years of professional work experience under my belt (from prior to starting law school). I attend a school on the same caliber as Queens and Western. Any advice/thoughts on my chances? What can I do to improve my chances? Thanks!

QMT20
  • Lawyer

Based just on your grades, your chances are poor. I don't know what your other experiences are, maybe something could catch the eye of a couple of firms. 

If you're set on getting a job through the 2L recruit, you might as well go to all the firm tours and try to do as much networking as you can. That won't always make a difference but between now and August, it's the only thing you can really do to potentially improve your application. Try to personalize your applications and apply as broadly as you can.