Still Waiting?

sunnydisposition

sunnydisposition
  • Applicant

Any news or updates from anyone else still waiting? Haven’t heard anything either way and the suspense is killing me. 

one4thesun
  • Applicant

I am also still in limbo land! Helpful to see that there are others like me out there waiting to hear back from the U of S as well. Lets keep hopeful guys :)

LawyerPeanut
  • Law School Admit

I am also waiting, any information would be great. My application went complete last Friday. 

HarryCrane
  • Articling Student

If it helps any, I was rejected last year around June 23. So I would expect to hear something in the next few weeks. 

sunnydisposition
  • Applicant

Thanks, that’s helpful. Although tough to hear re: waiting so long only to find out it’s a rejection 😕 at least limbo provides that small shred of hope “well they haven’t said no yet...” 

sammmy
  • Applicant

My application was complete a couple of weeks ago. Today I checked the portal and it is showing "Action Required." I attend the U of R but have taken a few transfer credit courses from Athabasca U. It is asking for me to send my transcript from Athabasca! 

Hopefully we will hear something soon 🤞

Lil_poggies
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, Lkm97 said:

Still waiting too - application has been complete since January lol 

Same lol. Its nice to know someone else has been waiting this long 

sunnydisposition
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, Lil_poggies said:

Same lol. Its nice to know someone else has been waiting this long 

Same here.

• Like 1

MoMarginMoProblems
  • Applicant

I have gotten in at UofS, still waitlisted at UVIC. Received the offer February 23rd. Sometimes they can be slow to dish out the remaining spots!

LawyerPeanut
  • Law School Admit

Has anyone been so bold to message admissions and see when we could expect an answer? 

• Like 1

lawschool01
  • Law Student

hello,

my portal changed to waitlisted  on June 10th around 2 pm. this is the first i have heard since my application changed to complete around February when they received my Jan 2021 LSAT. I have to say i was quite surprised tbh, but I have been accepted elsewhere and was planning on declining anyways. 

LSAT - 162

GPA - no clue, i attended 4 different universities for my undergrad and in different provinces so I never even attempted to calculate my GPA. I believe it's probably somewhere between 3.3 - 3.5.

I thought my personal statement was strong, but I guess not strong enough. 

cannoli
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, lawschool01 said:

hello,

my portal changed to waitlisted  on June 10th around 2 pm. this is the first i have heard since my application changed to complete around February when they received my Jan 2021 LSAT. I have to say i was quite surprised tbh, but I have been accepted elsewhere and was planning on declining anyways. 

LSAT - 162

GPA - no clue, i attended 4 different universities for my undergrad and in different provinces so I never even attempted to calculate my GPA. I believe it's probably somewhere between 3.3 - 3.5.

I thought my personal statement was strong, but I guess not strong enough. 

Congrats on your acceptance elsewhere! Did you have a sask connection?

lawschool01
  • Law Student
44 minutes ago, cannoli said:

Congrats on your acceptance elsewhere! Did you have a sask connection?

no sask connection

onelasttime
  • Applicant

Mine still says action required, though the only thing needed is a final transcript.

plsacceptme
  • Applicant

I haven't even received a reply yet from them, but then I saw that thread. I'm assuming a rejection coming up?

onelasttime
  • Applicant

I haven’t received an email but I checked my status online and have been rejected.

• 2 weeks later...
sammmy
  • Applicant

Anyone else still waiting? Was expecting to hear back by the end of june

Edited by sammmy

Bambi
  • Applicant

^I am! I am curious if this long waiting also applies to previous years? And generally what results would applicants receive after the waiting?

I am quite nervous now as I heard that some US law schools would put applications on hold without waitlists, and only send out rejections right before school starts. I don't know if this is also the case for USask Law...:-(

legallybrunette13
  • Applicant

I am still waiting... Was told we would hear back by end of June so getting a bit worried....

At this rate, I know it will most likely be a R but would like to hear back nonetheless...

milligrams2g

I haven't heard anything but checked the portal and it says "waived" beside the requirement to have a final official transcript sent upon acceptance. 

Is anyone else in the same boat?