Do Vancouver firms not send acknowledgement emails?

icecreamluver

icecreamluver
  • Law Student

I’ve applied to some Vancouver firms participating in the articling recruit but haven’t received any emails from them to acknowledge receipt of my application. I’ve received those emails from other firms not in Vancouver and am curious if not sending emails is the standard practice for Vancouver firms. I remember receiving emails during 2L but maybe they follow different procedures for articling? 

Psychometronic
  • Lawyer

Each firm is different. People tend to think downtown Vancouver firms do things uniformly but that's not true. 

• Like 1

ForTheWin2022
  • Lawyer

I participated in the Articling Recruit two years ago and found that only a few firms sent acknowledgment emails. However, the big law firms are on viLaw, so you should be able to check your status if you're concerned about them receiving the application.

Edited by ForTheWin2022
  • Like 1

icecreamluver
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, ForTheWin2022 said:

I participated in the Articling Recruit two years ago and found that only a few firms sent acknowledgment emails. However, the big law firms are on viLaw, so you should be able to check your status if you're concerned about them receiving the application.

It’s so weird because it seemed to be the norm for 2L recruit. I think a lot of firms have reviewed apps but the lack of acknowledgment email feels like a bad sign somehow

ForTheWin2022
  • Lawyer
16 hours ago, icecreamluver said:

It’s so weird because it seemed to be the norm for 2L recruit. I think a lot of firms have reviewed apps but the lack of acknowledgment email feels like a bad sign somehow

It's not likely not. The 2l recruit is larger in scope and operates differently. Which makes sense because why would you invest the same amount of time/ resources for what is likely 1-4 spots.

• Like 1