cGPA 2.93, B2 3.34, LSAT 172 - Queens Chances

Anachronistic

Anachronistic
  • Applicant

Graduated undergrad in 2020, full time work experience ever since, including 2 years in regular force army (officer). Internship at the Canadian UN mission in NYC during my undergrad, extensive EC’s, and letters of reference from a current Queen’s prof and two former Queen’s MA graduates. Will have sellable addendum/explanation for poor grades. 

Cheers,

What an interesting case (because of high LSAT and 2 years of service). Also, I wasnt aware Queens took B2, that is very clutch.

Queen's law general category: To be a competitive applicant, you should have at least an A- average (GPA of 3.7) in the top 2 years of your undergraduate degree program at a full course load and an LSAT score of at least 160.

Queen's law access category: To be a competitive applicant, you should have at least a B+ average (GPA of 3.5) in the top 2 years of your undergraduate degree program at a full course load and an LSAT score of at least 155.

Based off the wording (at least) I think its a maybe. Everything else in your application indicates an acceptance, but the GPA puts it in doubt.

If your B2 was also your L2 then you should also apply to UAlberta and UCalgary (they only take L2). I also know somebody who got accepted to UCalgary with a 3.3 B2 and great LSAT/softs. Apply to Windsor (they will accept as you fit their criteria very well) and in case Queens doesnt accept your application you still have the option to pursue law if you still want to at that point.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

SpaceTigerX

I think you have a shot on the access category. Your LSAT in this case will do a good chunk of the talking for you.

However, I would also consider other schools. 

• Thanks 1