How good of a candidate am I for Law School?

MrOxlong

MrOxlong
  • Applicant

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here (excited!). I graduated from Dalhousie U in 2022 with an Honours degree in Psychology. My CGPA is 4 out of 4.3 or 3.725 out of 4.00, and my L2 GPA is 4.00 out of 4.00. One thing to note about that GPA is that although I was a full-time student I didn't have a full course load every semester. I have plenty of research experience alongside a couple of publications and 1 year of work experience at a non-profit organization as a coordinator (part of Dalhousie U). I am currently in Canada with a Post-Graduate work permit, but I will be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency in a couple of months. It looks like my status could hurt my chances but also I fall into a couple of EDI categories for Universities that give special consideration to those. Last but not least, I feel like I could get 2-3 strong reference letters from my professors. I just wanted to get your valuable opinions on my profile and my chances of being admitted to a law school. I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thank you! 

P.S.-I am planning to take the LSAT either in November or January, which is why I couldn't include my score here. My latest practice test score was 155. 

QueensDenning
  • Articling Student

Law school admissions are about GPA and LSAT. Your GPA is good, but you'll probably need 160+ LSAT to have good options.