Barrister Solicitor

Law123456789

Law123456789
  • Articling Student

How did people find the Ontario barrister exam? & How will you study/prep for solicitors now?

Edited by Law123girl

Biglaw241
  • Articling Student

Terrible. Blind guessed the last 20 questions. And general educated guesses were about 75% of the exam. Already know I got a bunch wrong. 

• Hugs 1

timewarp
  • Articling Student

I wrote the Toronto sitting. I didn’t find it too bad, but I’ve seen a lot of posts saying it was really difficult so now I’m starting to second guess myself a little. 

mustangb4
  • Articling Student

I felt like a lot of the questions were unsearchable and nothing like the practice exams....I am defeated.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Apollo14
  • Law Student

Not great...a lot of blind guesses. The thought of going through the solicitor material now for the next two weeks isn't helping either!

• Sad 1

Sunshine1900
  • Articling Student

What the heck was that exam?

I prepared and was familiar with the concepts. I knew the TOC like the back of my hand. Did practice tests and felt very prepared.

Got to the exam and quickly realized it was not the same. Most of the questions were testing on obscure things. Most of it could not be looked up in the materials. 

How is this measuring competency? 

Curious to hear how everyone will study for solicitors now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Biglaw241
  • Articling Student

Anyone else remember absolutely nothing from what they read for solicitor? 

• Like 1