UofA Law Application Opened for this Cycle - mentions LSAT

maybemaybe

maybemaybe
  • Applicant

Don't know if they've updated the application but they've made it available and regarding the LSAT it reads:

All applicants to the Juris Doctor program must complete an LSAT examination to be eligible. Valid LSAT scores must be written within the five-years period prior to the September in which admission is sought. The last acceptable writing date for September admission is January of the same year. Multiple LSAT scores within the period of validity will be averaged.

This comes from the 2022-2023 application form.

Thrive92
  • Applicant
11 hours ago, maybemaybe said:

Don't know if they've updated the application but they've made it available and regarding the LSAT it reads:

All applicants to the Juris Doctor program must complete an LSAT examination to be eligible. Valid LSAT scores must be written within the five-years period prior to the September in which admission is sought. The last acceptable writing date for September admission is January of the same year. Multiple LSAT scores within the period of validity will be averaged.

This comes from the 2022-2023 application form.

If I remember correctly, this was the same information that was unchanged from the last cycle, and the cycle before the last as well. The application for the upcoming cycle has been open for several weeks now; I've emailed Courtney about the LSAT policy and she replied yesterday,

"Thanks for your email!  I do not have an answer on multiple LSAT writing attempts from our Admissions Committee but hope to have one within the next few weeks. Please keep an eye on our website for updates. "

We may get the information in a few weeks. This one is a false alarm I think.

• Like 3

Renerik
  • Law Student

To add to what @Thrive92 said about it being the same information, the Wayback machine shows that the wording about averaged LSATs has been unchanged on the website for 2 years now.

• Like 1

maybemaybe
  • Applicant
9 hours ago, Thrive92 said:

If I remember correctly, this was the same information that was unchanged from the last cycle, and the cycle before the last as well. The application for the upcoming cycle has been open for several weeks now; I've emailed Courtney about the LSAT policy and she replied yesterday,

"Thanks for your email!  I do not have an answer on multiple LSAT writing attempts from our Admissions Committee but hope to have one within the next few weeks. Please keep an eye on our website for updates. "

oh thanks for this! I'll keep an eye out on the website

maybemaybe
  • Applicant
14 hours ago, Thrive92 said:

Yeah this may be the case. The website information will likely be the most accurate. I thought the fact that its on the application which just opened may allude to something but again, it seems from your email that they are still confirming their policy

On 8/3/2021 at 7:55 PM, mud24 said:

Can you please post the link? Thank you 

Hi there! If you go on this website (https://www.ualberta.ca/law/programs/jd/admissions/index.html), scroll down and on the right hand side there is a green button that says APPLY NOW. Click that and you can start the application. For the LSAT section, it states that an averaged score will be used but they haven't updated this on the admissions website yet.

20 hours ago, SYANG09 said:

It's on their admissions site: https://www.ualberta.ca/law/programs/jd/admissions/index.html (under "Admissions Process"). I emailed UoA before this update and they kind of suggested their LSAT policy would come to normal.

that link does have information, but I got this description specifically from the applications that are now open. I believe some professional programs have now just opened up their applications (Law and medicine I think) so when starting the application thats what was stated. But I believe once they update the website that information will be the most reliable

• Like 1