Movement off Waitlist ?

Blink098

one4thesun
  • Applicant

Wish I had something else to report, but I am still sitting on the waitlist at the moment. Have been since April 22nd. 

colecaufield
  • Law Student
6 minutes ago, soupgod said:

not me! I have been waiting since April 9.

So rude considering youre the best applicant ever

• LOL 1

quinnhughes
  • Applicant

Been waitlist since April 22nd, just received an email today asking me to confirm my spot on the waitlist + letting us know about their plan to open school in-person for September

I saw on the old forums though that they had done a set of cuts off the waitlist, not sure how big that group of cuts was tho

one4thesun
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, quinnhughes said:

Been waitlist since April 22nd, just received an email today asking me to confirm my spot on the waitlist + letting us know about their plan to open school in-person for September

I saw on the old forums though that they had done a set of cuts off the waitlist, not sure how big that group of cuts was tho

Also got that email! Saw the email subject heading of "UCalgary Law Admissions" and my heart literally went into overdrive... What a tease haha.

And hmm okay! Hopefully between that and potentially having people who were waitlisted but got in elsewhere confirm that they no longer wish to be on the waitlist, we'll hear back sometime in the next little bit!! (Fingers crossed)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
breathedeeper
  • Applicant
6 hours ago, breathedeeper said:

any updates from anyone ?

jinxed myself.....

rejected from waitlist this evening.

l2 =3.4/4.3

lsat =158, 162

good ec's, life exp, submitted special circumstances essay

taking some UG courses to bump my gpa and applying again as soon as cycle opens.

seallover
  • Law Student

I haven't heard anything yet 😞

Sorry to hear about those rejections.

Were you folks notified through email?

breathedeeper
  • Applicant
10 hours ago, seallover said:

I haven't heard anything yet 😞

Sorry to hear about those rejections.

Were you folks notified through email?

yes

• 2 weeks later...
Thrive92
  • Applicant
6 hours ago, nuttycoffee22 said:

Any news? It’s killing me 😩

It says on their website, "All applicants will receive an email with either an offer, regrets, or waitlist notification no later than the end of June. Most applications become complete between January and March."

I'm sorry to break it to you, but I think you may like to try next cycle. This cycle was a bit off for many other Canadian law schools.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
nuttycoffee22
  • Law Student

Got into UofC today!

LSAT: 159

L2: 3.86

Hang in there everyone, there’s still hope!!!

• Like 4

Thrive92
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, nuttycoffee22 said:

Got into UofC today!

LSAT: 159

L2: 3.86

Hang in there everyone, there’s still hope!!!

Congrats! I'm really glad that you got in

Sorry about my earlier comment; the info from U of C website was inaccurate and I didnt mean to have dampened your spirit

Good luck in your first year

BigCountry1515
  • Law Student

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday afternoon!

LSAT: 158* 

L2: 3.7

7 years out of undergrad, work experience and graduate degree likely buoyed my other stats. 

*Decided to submit application with 158 (October 2020) before eventually re-writing in January 2021. Scored 162 on my re-write but this wouldn't have been part of my original application. Not sure if, during the few months spent on waitlist, the review committee updated my file to reflect the 162. . . 🤷‍♂️

Fingers crossed for those still waiting!

• Like 5