Summaries

goosie

goosie
  • Lawyer

Got an email that someone messaged me on ls.ca asking for summaries and didn't get a chance to reply before the site closed. Here's where you can access summaries:

The best way to get summaries isn't actually either of these, it's reaching out to fellow students. If there's someone you know who's taken a class with the same professor before (ideally in the prior term/year), ask if they'd be willing to share. People are generally very generous with their materials.

Finally, please do not look at summaries before starting law school. Trust me that this won't be helpful, won't give you a head start, and is more likely to overwhelm and stress you out. Once you start 1L, you can figure out how you want to use your summaries - some people use and update them throughout the course to follow along, others only refer to them towards the end when preparing for exams, others still scrap them completely and create their own. You haven't learned how to learn the law yet or read a single case - summaries will not be helpful to you yet. Download them if you like, then turn to them when you've spent a couple of weeks in school.

Edited by goosie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer

Agree 100%. I've had great luck asking for summaries on LS.ca too, so if any Western students on here are looking for a summary that isn't posted, shoot me a message and I might have one/know someone who does.

• Like 2

Chief Keef
  • Lawyer
2 hours ago, TobyFlenderson said:

Agree 100%. I've had great luck asking for summaries on LS.ca too, so if any Western students on here are looking for a summary that isn't posted, shoot me a message and I might have one/know someone who does.

Hi it’s me boat

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...