Gym at TRU?

birdlawexpert

birdlawexpert
  • Law Student

Hi everyone! 

I am just planning out my time on campus and I was having trouble finding info on TRU's on campus fitness resources. Is there a proper gym on campus? If not, is there a gym you'd recommend in the area? I just want to make sure I stay relatively (physically) healthy while I'm suffering through the year lol

canuckfanatic
  • Lawyer
22 minutes ago, birdlawexpert said:

Hi everyone! 

I am just planning out my time on campus and I was having trouble finding info on TRU's on campus fitness resources. Is there a proper gym on campus? If not, is there a gym you'd recommend in the area? I just want to make sure I stay relatively (physically) healthy while I'm suffering through the year lol

The rec center on campus is far and away the best facility in Kamloops, and arguably one of the best in BC.

The Tournament Capital Centre (TCC) is $27.50/month for students (need your student card to sign-up). You have access to their gym, pool, sauna, indoor track, outdoor track, basketball courts, etc.

It's right on the edge of campus, off of McGill Road. 5-10 minute walk from Landmark/TRU Law. I honestly miss that facility so much.

• Like 1

HarryCrane
  • Articling Student
2 hours ago, birdlawexpert said:

Hi everyone! 

TCC is good. I had a quick workout there the other day while I was in Kamloops and the place is great. Will probably get busy later in the day so being an early morning gym goer might be best. 

DM me if you want a workout buddy lol

• Like 1