Is your school in-person and are they mandating vaccines?

penguin

The University of Calgary law school will be online until at least January 28th. Vaccines will be mandatory unless a student has an approved accommodation (such as a medical or religious accommodation).

They may very well stay online after January, but that depends on the Omicron situation.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Whist

• GGrievous

• penguin

• Bachtowork

penguin
  • Law Student

Now that all schools are back in-person are you guys fully in-person? Ottawa is still doing a hybrid model and it feels half assed because most courses are online and the ones in-person consists largely of an online section. I'm getting real sick of paying all this money to watch Youtube videos. 

• Like 1

MiceInRice
  • Articling Student

Queen's will be fully in-person but not until the 28th since that is the date they gave us back in December. However, our exams will be remote. Probably to avoid any potential last minute flip flop like what happened mid-December. It's my understanding that the faculty is very adamant about having fully in-person instruction since some of my profs have had requests from students to continue online and they've been told that isn't an option. Obviously if a prof gets sick that won't be the case for that week, and the faculty has been great at accommodating students who catch covid so I imagine lectures will continue to be recorded anyways.

I'm really looking forward to getting back. Hoping all these mandates drop before I graduate because I was told that law school has tons of events with free food and I haven't had any free pizza yet.

• Like 2

GGrievous
  • Law Student

31 minutes ago, penguin said:

Now that all schools are back in-person are you guys fully in-person? Ottawa is still doing a hybrid model and it feels half assed because most courses are online and the ones in-person consists largely of an online section. I'm getting real sick of paying all this money to watch Youtube videos. 

I would agree if I found the in-person any more engaging than the YouTube’s. Maybe it was just my dull  profs tho. I genuinely feel for the people that can’t learn via video but I love the YouTube’s. 

penguin
  • Law Student
53 minutes ago, Barry said:

I would agree if I found the in-person any more engaging than the YouTube’s. Maybe it was just my dull  profs tho. I genuinely feel for the people that can’t learn via video but I love the YouTube’s. 

I think I wouldn't mind as much if I wasn't paying the same tuition. I just feel cheated out of a "real" law school experience after working so hard to get in. Social connections are so important in the industry given how small the community is and I feel that I'm really missing out by not making connections as strong as I would have if classes and events were in-person. 

58 minutes ago, MiceInRice said:

Hoping all these mandates drop before I graduate because I was told that law school has tons of events with free food and I haven't had any free pizza yet.

Exactly! 😭

• Like 2

GGrievous
  • Law Student
11 hours ago, penguin said:

I think I wouldn't mind as much if I wasn't paying the same tuition. I just feel cheated out of a "real" law school experience after working so hard to get in. Social connections are so important in the industry given how small the community is and I feel that I'm really missing out by not making connections as strong as I would have if classes and events were in-person. 

Exactly! 😭

Yeah it’s hard to know without a comparison of normal times. I’m cool missing out on the pizza, but man do I love a wine and cheese event or anything with an open bar and appys.

• Like 1