What to do after accept an articling offer on the phone

bearrrhunter

bearrrhunter
  • Law Student

Hi

I just accept an offer on the phone. Now I am confused because I don't know if I should expect some email confirmation regarding the offer?

Should I write email to my interviewers to thank them immediately or wait until I get email confirmation?  Or should I email to my interviewers to ask about this rightnow?

Everything happened so fast and I was so happy that I didn't remember asking any of those details. 

Thanks!

Pantalaimon
  • Lawyer

Congratulations!

My employer reached out with a written offer that you accept in writing, but it took a few weeks. I wouldn't stress though, enjoy and celebrate! If you feel like you need to thank people, I don't see the harm in that.

Edit: I should note this was for summer, so there was no compelling reason for them to be in a hurry with their written offer because the start date was months away. That could be different for articling, I don't know.

Edited by Pantalaimon

congrats. 

Relax. They will most likely send you an email with further details within a few working days or tomorrow.

Some will send you the details by mail and that could take a few more days.

You can call them up if nothing happen by next Tuesday.

Edited by luckycharm
  • Like 1

Sureaboutnotbeingsure

OP did you get an email? Don’t really like waiting for a written offer 😅. I’d assume next week is when they’d send something. 

On the same boat for MAG, I wonder when they'll send out a written offer... but it seems like this is common practice so that's reassuring 

• Like 1

Pantalaimon
  • Lawyer
13 minutes ago, ICook said:

lol on the same boat. When do you think would be the right time to reach out to our employer? 

Not this week if your employer participates in 2L recruit. Applications for 2L are just coming due and firms will be trying to set up OCIs.