Dual JD: Third Year Applicant?

Lawstudent692419

Lawstudent692419
  • Applicant

Hi everyone, 

I'm having some trouble finding the minimum undergrad credit requirements for the dual JD. Does anyone know if I can apply as a third-year undergrad (90 credits instead of 120 in a four year program). Thanks in advance!

• Lawyer
3 hours ago, Lawstudent692419 said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm having some trouble finding the minimum undergrad credit requirements for the dual JD. Does anyone know if I can apply as a third-year undergrad (90 credits instead of 120 in a four year program). Thanks in advance!

Why would you want to apply as a 3rd year undergrad for the worst option in Canada? You're paying double the tuition for a 4th tier US law school and a lower ranked Canadian law school. The Windsor/Detroit Mercy dual degree should be your very last option in Canada, once you have exhausted all other options.

Yogurt Baron

I'm exceptionally bored, so I thought, "Okay, I'll do a quick search for this person. Pay it forward. The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. And so forth." 

There appears to be no information about dual JD admissions on the sad little Geocities-calibre website they've set up for the dual JD program. Then I thought, "Okay, I'll go look at UD Mercy's admissions requirements," but the "admissions" page on Mercy's website seems to have nothing handy about admissions - just a bunch of marketing blather about "a strategic location in downtown Detroit" and suchwhat. I mean, the last thing you'd want on an "admissions" page is anything about admissions - that would be ridiculous.

Probably I'm just irritable (NB: absolutely, definitely, I am just irritable), but for me, this...does not bode well. I spent twenty seconds on their website and am ready to have a full conniption---you want to spend three years there?

LMP
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, Lawstudent692419 said:

Hi everyone, 

Probably best to email them.