TRU's GPA policy change

Thrive92

Thrive92
  • Applicant

Good news (maybe not?) everyone.

TRU seems to no longer use the GPA policy that was introduced last cycle where the applicants' grades from January to August 2020 would be completely excluded.

The FAQ section in the website has been updated to reflect this change:

"As a result of COVID-19, we are aware that many universities moved to a form of pass/fail or credit/no credit grading for the Winter 2020 (Jan-Apr) and Summer 2020 (May-Aug) semesters. In some cases, students were given an option to select pass/fail instead of grading, but in some cases the change was mandatory.

TRU Law uses your most recent 20 academic undergraduate courses to calculate your admissions GPA. If you received a P/F or CR/NC grade, we are unable to calculate a GPA score for that course, and thus it would not be included in your 20 courses."

https://www.tru.ca/law/admissions/faqs.html

I am assuming from this info that all grades are included in that "most recent 20 academic undergraduate courses" except for the grades that one has received P/F/CR/NC on between January to August of 2020.

• 2 months later...
Thrive92
  • Applicant
5 minutes ago, Cpeaks said:

Does TRU weight the full 4 year cumulative GPA or are there drops?

TRU calculates your gpa based on your last 20 courses

Weir Libel
  • Law School Admit

Can anyone tell me how does TRU calculate your GPA if you haven't taken a full load each semester? For example my last semester I took 3 courses while studying for LSAT than did 2 courses online in summer as my college didn't offer the upper level courses I needed. I have heard if you didn't take full load every semester they change the GPA calculation to cumulative GPA. Is this correct or is it just last 20 courses?