If you accepted an Articling position this round, are you updating LinkedIn?

Sureaboutnotbeingsure

Sureaboutnotbeingsure
Just now, BlockedQuebecois said:

Just update it when you start the job. 

Lol true thank you!

disgruntledpelican
  • Lawyer

Seems like it's the trendy thing amongst students on LinkedIn these days to do something like an Oscar acceptance speech when you get the offer and again when you start.

In my day we just updated our profiles without any fanfare and no post to feeds either.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Sureaboutnotbeingsure
2 hours ago, disgruntledpelican said:

Seems like it's the trendy thing amongst students on LinkedIn these days to do something like an Oscar acceptance speech when you get the offer and again when you start.

In my day we just updated our profiles without any fanfare and no post to feeds either.

I agree. I’m not one to write those speeches. I can understand why people do it. 

I sometimes see “incoming articling student at XXX.” But I don’t know when someone would write that. Any idea?

99problems
  • Lawyer
26 minutes ago, Sureaboutnotbeingsure said:

I sometimes see “incoming articling student at XXX.” But I don’t know when someone would write that. Any idea?

I've seen this too, but honestly, who would care about it now? I mean the student already has found an articling position, so there is no potential employer that would want to look them up online. It's more of a showing off thing if you ask me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sureaboutnotbeingsure
9 hours ago, not not a lawyer said:

I've seen this too, but honestly, who would care about it now? I mean the student already has found an articling position, so there is no potential employer that would want to look them up online. It's more of a showing off thing if you ask me

You’re right, it’s best to stay humble!

Sureaboutnotbeingsure

Just trying to see what the norm is! Thanks 🙂

Mods Note: This was related to a question about whether a written offer had been received. Merged. 

Edited by ZineZ

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

Dude, you have to chill about all this stuff. In the past week or so you’ve asked about written offers multiples times, asked about whether you should start studying for the bar at the start of 3L, and asked about updating your LinkedIn now that you have an offer. 

You got an articling job, that’s great! Your employer isn’t going to back out of an offer given during a formal recruit. You’ll get a written offer in the future. You’ll know it’s time to start studying for the bar because the LSO will mail you two thousand pages of materials.

Just relax and enjoy your summer and start of 3L. Everything will be fine. 

• Like 7

Sureaboutnotbeingsure
13 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

Dude, you have to chill about all this stuff. In the past week or so you’ve asked about written offers multiples times, asked about whether you should start studying for the bar at the start of 3L, and asked about updating your LinkedIn now that you have an offer. 

You got an articling job, that’s great! Your employer isn’t going to back out of an offer given during a formal recruit. You’ll get a written offer in the future. You’ll know it’s time to start studying for the bar because the LSO will mail you two thousand pages of materials.

Just relax and enjoy your summer and start of 3L. Everything will be fine. 

Yeah, you’re right. That’s my bad. Im going to sign out for a few days. I’m sorry! 

• Like 2