Online Interview

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student

I know Ryerson is one of the few schools that require an online interview for admission. What were these like & how were they structured? Does anyone have any experience that they can share?

Turtles
  • Law Student

Basically a youtube video asking you cliche law school interview questions and giving you 30 secs to prep an answer before they start recording. 3 videos + a written response IIRC

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Y.L
  • Applicant

I was wondering if anyone would be able to share their experience or some pointers for the Ryerson application interview. Thank you 🙂

Michaelscott11
  • Applicant
On 8/20/2021 at 11:43 PM, Turtles said:

Basically a youtube video asking you cliche law school interview questions and giving you 30 secs to prep an answer before they start recording. 3 videos + a written response IIRC

30 seconds to prepare?? Damn the practice ones had a minute to prepare. Is anyone able to share how best to prepare for this? I am really nervous as well! 

ClarkGriswold
  • Applicant
On 11/3/2021 at 8:45 PM, ClarkGriswold said:

Generally it’s unfair to provide insight on what an interview will be like, as those who completed it first will be disadvantaged relative to those that were given guidance/hints later into the cycle.

I recommend 1) completing the practice questions as many times as you need to in order to feel comfortable with the video interview process, 2) reviewing school-specific info and your personal statement, and 3) going for it. Even if the content of the actual questions differ from the practice ones, you will have a strong understanding of the video interview process and program-specific information. Best of luck to those completing this. 

Here’s how you should approach prepping, at least in my opinion 

Edited by ClarkGriswold
Initially provided no context for the linked post

y2199
  • Law School Admit
On 11/16/2021 at 12:07 AM, JackyJ said:

Could anyone share there interview experience at Lincoln Alexander School of Law?

Hey! Currently a 1L at Lincoln Law. The interview experience is really not nerve-racking unless you overthink it. While I am not going to give away the interview questions or reveal anything specific, I will tell you that you should review Lincoln Law's core values prior to the interview. Lincoln Law looks for passionate people and you should make that evident in your interview. 

I believe that the interview is an extremely important part of the process. My entire class has very similar personalities. We are all enthusiastic, passionate, and eager.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
missanxiety
  • Applicant

Did anyone else just feel absolutely horrible after doing the interview and like they bombed it lol? 😞 I felt like I really needed more than just the 1 minute to be able to properly answer the questions. 

• Like 2

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student
17 minutes ago, missanxiety said:

Did anyone else just feel absolutely horrible after doing the interview and like they bombed it lol? 😞 I felt like I really needed more than just the 1 minute to be able to properly answer the questions. 

Don't worry - you're not alone! I said some crazy shit in my interview and I still cringe when I think about it. 

• Like 2

Ratchet-and-Clank
  • Applicant
54 minutes ago, Dee said:

Don't worry - you're not alone! I said some crazy shit in my interview and I still cringe when I think about it. 

I laugh thinking about this because for mine I didn’t realize what we were practising they gave us like three minutes or just definitely more than what we officially got. Not sure if I just didn’t read properly but I didn’t expect it only be one minute since the practice was much longer. So for the first one I was in the middle of talking mouth open wide and it just ended and I was still in shock so by the time the second one popped up I was still shook/ didn’t feel my best. And by the last one I was actually laughing at myself so overall I felt horrible as well 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student
29 minutes ago, Ratchet-and-Clank said:

I laugh thinking about this because for mine I didn’t realize what we were practising they gave us like three minutes or just definitely more than what we officially got. Not sure if I just didn’t read properly but I didn’t expect it only be one minute since the practice was much longer. So for the first one I was in the middle of talking mouth open wide and it just ended and I was still in shock so by the time the second one popped up I was still shook/ didn’t feel my best. And by the last one I was actually laughing at myself so overall I felt horrible as well 

Oh my God I'm smiling so hard at this! I also giggled a bit at myself in one of them LMAO

• Like 1

I cant tell if the interview went horrible or amazing. Tbh, there's no in between lol. I got completely cutoff during one of my questions. Then I realized....each response was only 1 minute!! I was so caught up in the moment that I didnt see the timer.

• Like 2

steph17
  • Applicant

I felt pretty bad after mine too, not because I didn't like the things I said, but because I feel like I sounded really frantic like talking very fast and trying to say everything I planned. But I hope they realize that the 1min was really too short to answer some of the questions elegantly.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
Ratchet-and-Clank
  • Applicant
On 12/9/2021 at 3:57 PM, Ratchet-and-Clank said:

I acc thought I would come back here and update: I got accepted this morning so looks like they didn’t care how rough the videos were! 

LSAT 161 

CGPA 156

Edited by Ratchet-and-Clank
  • Like 1