PLTC- Solicitor Exam

Karma21

Karma21
  • Articling Student

Hello,

I have passed all four assignments and the Barrister Exam on the first attempt, but unfortunately I failed the Solicitor Exam two times. Now I am only left with my third and final attempt.

I tried my best to prepare for the exam both times but it did not go as planned and and I am not sure where I went wrong.

As this is my third and final attempt, I am quite concerned about passing the exam this time. 

Can anyone please assist guide me in finding any additional resources that could be useful in passing the solicitor exam in my final attempt.

Also I would like to know if anyone know about what happens if i fail in my third attempt. Again solicitor exam is the only thing that's left, i am done with my articling term and everything else.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Psychometronic
  • Lawyer

Have you asked for feedback?

Absent more information, it's hard to offer specific advice. You passed the Barrister, which means you can manage the speed of these exams well enough. Most of my classmates found the Solicitor material really dry and a pain to cram, especially with so little time to do so.

Since you're done articling, I suppose you can devote as much time as you can to learning the material before the next administration. If you weren't already using indices and summaries, I suggest trying that. Practice using the indices and familiarize yourself with the key words in each section. Read summaries for a bird's eye view. Try to memorize some basic concepts in each unit so you can answer a few questions without checking the materials.

As for what happens if you fail your third attempt, I've heard that you need permission from the LSBC to try again. This might involve reference letters from your PLTC instructor or your principal. That's about all I know on this issue so you should contact the LSBC directly for specifics.