What class did you score your highest mark in, and what class did you score you lowest mark in?

canuckfanatic

QueensDenning
  • Articling Student

A in Legal research/writing (highest mark at my school), A- in property & torts, B in public law.

canuckfanatic
  • Lawyer
On 6/12/2021 at 11:24 AM, BlockedQuebecois said:

A+ in a half dozen courses or so.ย 

I got a B+ in crim pro.ย 

Sorry, @canuckfanatic. If it helps, I got more than my share of C-range grades in undergrad ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

giphy.gif&ehk=R5OK7R4XqnTy3dRzwngSyup94S

(pretend instead of "soup" it says "like")

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Windsorhopeful
  • Articling Student

93 in Real Estate, 68 in Evidence. Still upset about theย Evidence grade - profs shouldn't be allowed to have pure multiple choice examsย ๐Ÿ˜…ย 

Twenty
  • Articling Student
2 hours ago, Windsorhopeful said:

93 in Real Estate, 68 in Evidence. Still upset about theย Evidence grade - profs shouldn't be allowed to have pure multiple choice examsย ๐Ÿ˜…ย 

A pureย multiple choice law exam is ridiculous.ย 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
SadJaysFan
  • Articling Student

Highest A+ in crim, corporate, evidence, and a moot (I've yet to figure out what those have in common). Lowest B+ in LRW

I wasn't going to give specifics but I can't let @BlockedQuebecoisย feel too smug with their marks

• LOL 1

Civil2Common
  • Lawyer

I was in a joint JD-LLB program (was at both a common law school in Ontario and a civil law school in Quebec).

I include both because, at least as far as my schools were concerned, the "grading scheme" was very different between the two (i.e. people routinely failed classes - or failed out entirely, at my civil law school, whereas I don't think anyone got lower than a C at theย common law school I attended).

ย 

From civil law:

Highest grades were two A+. Legal philosophy and Critical Approaches (both essay-heavy courses)

Lowest grades was a D in Tax Law (was a mandatory class and my least favourite subject, though I did really like the prof)

ย 

From common law:

Highest grade was an A. Class was onย injustices in the Law (Also an essay-heavy class. I think we can see where my strengths lie)

Lowest grade wasย B in two classes - Property Law and Insurance Law.

• Like 1

capitalttruth
  • Law Student

I got an A in legal research but I'm not sure if it counts so I'll say my highest so far was A- in property. Lowest was B in crim (so far).

Telephantasm

Highest, business organizations and intellectual property.

Lowest, admin law... apparently I was not cut out to be a public law lawyer.

Rashabon
  • Lawyer

I can't find my transcript and if I remembered all my grades that'd be a bad sign. I got a lot of As, and the lowest mark I can recall was a "B" in corporate transactions, because the final, take home exam was entirely a trick question, based on a real life fact pattern.

The irony is that the transaction that was tested on the exam has formed a big part of my regular practice...

disgruntledpelican
  • Lawyer

A+ย in a few classes.ย C in Business Associations was my worst.

No one ever brought up the C again even though I had to present my transcript for lateral hiring on Bay St, and I practice in a corporate-related area.

• Thanks 1

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
48 minutes ago, not not a lawyer said:

A in Business Organization

C in Torts (fucking Hutchinson)

Camden Hutchison teaches biz orgs at UBC so this post confused me for a second.

99problems
  • Lawyer
3 hours ago, CleanHands said:

Camden Hutchison teaches biz orgs at UBC so this post confused me for a second.

No, it's Allan Hutchinson from Osgoode

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
19 minutes ago, not not a lawyer said:

Yeah I realized that; hence not being confused for longer than a second. Just a funny coincidence.

99problems
  • Lawyer
31 minutes ago, CleanHands said:

Yeah I realized that; hence not being confused for longer than a second. Just a funny coincidence.

For what's worth, Hutchinson is a great instructor. It's just his exams are crap, and he grades them in an even crappier manner (no grading rubric etc)

TheCryptozoologist
  • Articling Student
On 6/8/2021 at 12:29 AM, canuckfanatic said:

Thought this would make for a fun discussion. What were your highest and lowest marks in law school (or law school so far)?

My highest was a flat A in Video Game Law. I used that class to complete my major paper requirement. It helped that the class was so small that it wasn't subject to the normal grade curve requirements.

My lowest was a flat C in Trusts. I just had no motivation to study for that exam, which was closed book. I half-assed some flash cards 2 days beforehand and went in hoping for the best.

Wait what school offers Video Game Law. That sounds pretty cool ngl.

also you might be interested in this blog from a venture capitalist/analyst that covers video games/digital entertainment. some of the most interesting things about the future of digital entertainment kinda mindfucks you once you realize how far into the matrix we are.ย 

https://www.matthewball.vc/

TheCryptozoologist
  • Articling Student

Had a few A'sย but if I had to pick one I really liked it'd be first year criminal law.ย 

worst grade was a D+ in a natural resource law seminar back in first year.ย 

MSK2021
  • Lawyer

I had a C in torts. Had an A in advanced torts.

In truth, I'm not sure either mark really reflected my level of understanding. In the case of my C inย torts, I got unluckyย as I had prepared to write a conventional law exam and then walked into theย exam room where I was asked to write a story for kids.

• LOL 1

TheCryptozoologist
  • Articling Student
17 minutes ago, MSK2021 said:

I had a C in torts. Had an A in advanced torts.

In truth, I'm not sure either mark really reflected my level of understanding. In the case of my C inย torts, I got unluckyย as I had prepared to write a conventional law exam and then walked into theย exam room where I was asked to write a story for kids.

>law professor asks you to write a story for kids

wat

MSK2021
  • Lawyer
7 minutes ago, TheCryptozoologist said:

>law professor asks you to write a story for kids

wat

Yeah, IRDK. I figured it was a half decent story where I had Snap, Crackle, and Pop suffer a series of unfortunate events.ย 

• LOL 1

PlayALawyerOnTV
  • Law Student
10 hours ago, not not a lawyer said:

-snip-

C in Torts (fucking Hutchinson)

ย 

6 hours ago, not not a lawyer said:

ย 

5 hours ago, not not a lawyer said:

For what's worth, Hutchinson is a great instructor. It's just his exams are crap, and he grades them in an even crappier manner (no grading rubric etc)

Well, as an incoming Osgoode 1L who has Hutchinson for Torts this didn't make me concerned in the slightest.ย 

sweating key and peele GIF

• Like 1

TheBarbieDoll
  • Law Student
50 minutes ago, PlayALawyerOnTV said:

ย 

ย 

Well, as an incoming Osgoode 1L who has Hutchinson for Torts this didn't make me concerned in the slightest.ย 

sweating key and peele GIF

ย 

Edited by TheBarbieDoll