Jump to content

Still waiting...


legallybrunette
 Share

Recommended Posts

legallybrunette
  • Law Student

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from Queens? Any clue as to what the admissions timeline looks like atm? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Londonlawyer
  • Applicant

Also waiting to hear back from Queen's no word thus far 😅

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

strugglebubble
  • Law Student

I know of people who heard back last year up until August. Don't lose hope yet! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sent an email to admissions last week asking if I could expect to hear something by the july 1st deadline (as I would be accepting another offer) and was told I would receive a response by then 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lawdreamer860
  • Applicant

I have sent them an email and so has my friend and we were told two different responses, mid-June and end of June…has anyone heard anything specific or even when they would create a waitlist?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

prelawfemme
  • Applicant

Hey everyone, kind of going nuts because I just received my first acceptance yesterday from Windsor, and while I'm grateful, Queen's is one of my top choices and I have yet to hear anything. I have until June 23rd to accept and pay my deposit, and I just want closure lol. Wondering how many of us still waiting have a fair shot at a seat...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whist
  • Law Student

I'm also still waiting. I already committed elsewhere over a month ago, but I paid for the application, so I wanna know. I'm hoping Queens will just rip off the mouldy band-aid at this point - they're the only school I have yet to hear from. I'm not Access so it'll be a waitlist or a rejection at this stage, no doubt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

luckycharm
14 minutes ago, Liavas said:

I'm also still waiting. I already committed elsewhere over a month ago, but I paid for the application, so I wanna know. I'm hoping Queens will just rip off the mouldy band-aid at this point - they're the only school I have yet to hear from. I'm not Access so it'll be a waitlist or a rejection at this stage, no doubt. 

I already committed elsewhere ? Did you provisionally accepted W?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whist
  • Law Student
14 minutes ago, luckycharm said:

I already committed elsewhere ? Did you provisionally accepted W?

I committed to UofA (RIP $1000, we hardly knew you). Decided I didn't want to go to law school in Ontario after all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kilgoretrout
  • Applicant

still waiting to hear back.. its kind of ridiculous at this point. i might just move ahead with my windsor acceptance

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

prelawfemme
  • Applicant

still waiting as well, I hope I hear something before my Windsor offer goes firm on July 1st. I'm thinking maybe a small batch will go out either right before or right after July 1st, then we're mostly looking at waitlsits and rejections. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lawdreamer860
  • Applicant

Still waiting! Not sure what is happening at this point tbh…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

waterfall

Queen's has sent out 3 rounds of acceptances in June so far this year (according to the MailChimp acceptance notice's "past issues" history) and tomorrow seems to be another offer acceptance deadline. I've noticed that usually a deadline and another round of acceptance are about a day apart or less. I would therefore expect another small round of acceptances tomorrow.

Seems like acceptances are trickling in on a rolling basis at this point.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lawdreamer860
  • Applicant

Yup, me, it has to be SOMETHING this week right?…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

prelawfemme
  • Applicant
35 minutes ago, Lawdreamer860 said:

Yup, me, it has to be SOMETHING this week right?…

Last year, June 24th was the day they sent out the only massive wave of rejections; immediately after there was a very small waitlist and a trickle of acceptances 😅 I'm thinking this year is different, since they've done a few waves of rejections already... hopefully they finally give us some kind of response this week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lawdreamer860
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, prelawfemme said:

Last year, June 24th was the day they sent out the only massive wave of rejections; immediately after there was a very small waitlist and a trickle of acceptances 😅 I'm thinking this year is different, since they've done a few waves of rejections already... hopefully they finally give us some kind of response this week. 

I hope so too! They don’t even have a waitlist it seems…I am extremely confused what is happening and I hope they communicate somehow this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lawlawland

Im also still waiting, I have a 3.36 cgpa, 3.65 l2, and a 163 lsat. What are my chances looking like at this point? I still havent heard back from ottawa, I got waitlisted at western, and rejected from osgoode just yesterday. Applied general. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

prelawfemme
  • Applicant
11 minutes ago, Lawlawland said:

Im also still waiting, I have a 3.36 cgpa, 3.65 l2, and a 163 lsat. What are my chances looking like at this point? I still havent heard back from ottawa, I got waitlisted at western, and rejected from osgoode just yesterday. Applied general. 

Those are solid stats, I'm surprised you haven't gotten an offer yet - keep your head up! I'm not sure about Queen's - it seems like perhaps they're behind? I have hope for a solid number who get waitlisted and maybe even a small batch of acceptances. 

I got rejected from Osgoode yesterday as well (such a bummer to receive rejections so LATE, feels pointless to keep us waiting this long). Ottawa is honestly so disorganized, I wouldn't hold out too much hope unfortunately. The first cycle that I applied, they rejected me in Mid-July (no waitlist), and last year in Mid-August (no waitlist), this year it was last week. They give little explanation for why they take so excruciatingly long! I really hope you receive better news from them than I did!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Govrap89
  • Law School Admit

Im also waiting for Ottawa and Queen's 😞 3.36 CGPA and 163 LSAT. I emailed Ottawa and they said I should hear back before July 1st. I also emailed Queen's and they gave me a non-answer so... has anyone ever been accepted this late?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lawlawland
5 hours ago, prelawfemme said:

Those are solid stats, I'm surprised you haven't gotten an offer yet - keep your head up! I'm not sure about Queen's - it seems like perhaps they're behind? I have hope for a solid number who get waitlisted and maybe even a small batch of acceptances. 

I got rejected from Osgoode yesterday as well (such a bummer to receive rejections so LATE, feels pointless to keep us waiting this long). Ottawa is honestly so disorganized, I wouldn't hold out too much hope unfortunately. The first cycle that I applied, they rejected me in Mid-July (no waitlist), and last year in Mid-August (no waitlist), this year it was last week. They give little explanation for why they take so excruciatingly long! I really hope you receive better news from them than I did!

Thank you! Yeah at this point I'm just banking on Queens. I also don't know about Ottawa, and I don't know how likely it is for me to move up from the waitlist at Western. Can only hope for the best. Im just excited to hopefully hear something by the end of this month. Thanks for your reply 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
trashcanofideology
  • Applicant

Anyone else STILL waiting? Admissions told me that all applicants would have an answer by today. Yet, no email/still pending. I feel like I'm getting ghosted...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PacificOcean
32 minutes ago, trashcanofideology said:

Anyone else STILL waiting? Admissions told me that all applicants would have an answer by today. Yet, no email/still pending. I feel like I'm getting ghosted...

Yea same I emailed them earlier this week and they told me that everyone will know if they are waitlisted, accepted, or rejected by the end of this week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.