Still waiting...

legallybrunette

legallybrunette
  • Law Student

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from Queens? Any clue as to what the admissions timeline looks like atm? 

• Like 1

strugglebubble
  • Law Student

I know of people who heard back last year up until August. Don't lose hope yet! 

• Like 1

I sent an email to admissions last week asking if I could expect to hear something by the july 1st deadline (as I would be accepting another offer) and was told I would receive a response by then 

• Thanks 1

Lawdreamer860
  • Applicant

I have sent them an email and so has my friend and we were told two different responses, mid-June and end of June…has anyone heard anything specific or even when they would create a waitlist?

prelawfemme

Hey everyone, kind of going nuts because I just received my first acceptance yesterday from Windsor, and while I'm grateful, Queen's is one of my top choices and I have yet to hear anything. I have until June 23rd to accept and pay my deposit, and I just want closure lol. Wondering how many of us still waiting have a fair shot at a seat...

Whist
  • Law Student

I'm also still waiting. I already committed elsewhere over a month ago, but I paid for the application, so I wanna know. I'm hoping Queens will just rip off the mouldy band-aid at this point - they're the only school I have yet to hear from. I'm not Access so it'll be a waitlist or a rejection at this stage, no doubt. 

14 minutes ago, Liavas said:

I'm also still waiting. I already committed elsewhere over a month ago, but I paid for the application, so I wanna know. I'm hoping Queens will just rip off the mouldy band-aid at this point - they're the only school I have yet to hear from. I'm not Access so it'll be a waitlist or a rejection at this stage, no doubt. 

I already committed elsewhere ? Did you provisionally accepted W?

Whist
  • Law Student
14 minutes ago, luckycharm said:

I already committed elsewhere ? Did you provisionally accepted W?

I committed to UofA (RIP $1000, we hardly knew you). Decided I didn't want to go to law school in Ontario after all. 

lawess
  • Law Student

still waiting to hear back.. its kind of ridiculous at this point. i might just move ahead with my windsor acceptance

• Like 2

prelawfemme

still waiting as well, I hope I hear something before my Windsor offer goes firm on July 1st. I'm thinking maybe a small batch will go out either right before or right after July 1st, then we're mostly looking at waitlsits and rejections. 

• Like 2

Queen's has sent out 3 rounds of acceptances in June so far this year (according to the MailChimp acceptance notice's "past issues" history) and tomorrow seems to be another offer acceptance deadline. I've noticed that usually a deadline and another round of acceptance are about a day apart or less. I would therefore expect another small round of acceptances tomorrow.

Seems like acceptances are trickling in on a rolling basis at this point.

• Like 1

prelawfemme
35 minutes ago, Lawdreamer860 said:

Yup, me, it has to be SOMETHING this week right?…

Last year, June 24th was the day they sent out the only massive wave of rejections; immediately after there was a very small waitlist and a trickle of acceptances 😅 I'm thinking this year is different, since they've done a few waves of rejections already... hopefully they finally give us some kind of response this week. 

Lawdreamer860
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, prelawfemme said:

Last year, June 24th was the day they sent out the only massive wave of rejections; immediately after there was a very small waitlist and a trickle of acceptances 😅 I'm thinking this year is different, since they've done a few waves of rejections already... hopefully they finally give us some kind of response this week. 

I hope so too! They don’t even have a waitlist it seems…I am extremely confused what is happening and I hope they communicate somehow this week.

Im also still waiting, I have a 3.36 cgpa, 3.65 l2, and a 163 lsat. What are my chances looking like at this point? I still havent heard back from ottawa, I got waitlisted at western, and rejected from osgoode just yesterday. Applied general. 

prelawfemme
11 minutes ago, Lawlawland said:

Im also still waiting, I have a 3.36 cgpa, 3.65 l2, and a 163 lsat. What are my chances looking like at this point? I still havent heard back from ottawa, I got waitlisted at western, and rejected from osgoode just yesterday. Applied general. 

Those are solid stats, I'm surprised you haven't gotten an offer yet - keep your head up! I'm not sure about Queen's - it seems like perhaps they're behind? I have hope for a solid number who get waitlisted and maybe even a small batch of acceptances. 

I got rejected from Osgoode yesterday as well (such a bummer to receive rejections so LATE, feels pointless to keep us waiting this long). Ottawa is honestly so disorganized, I wouldn't hold out too much hope unfortunately. The first cycle that I applied, they rejected me in Mid-July (no waitlist), and last year in Mid-August (no waitlist), this year it was last week. They give little explanation for why they take so excruciatingly long! I really hope you receive better news from them than I did!

• Like 1

Govrap89
  • Law School Admit

Im also waiting for Ottawa and Queen's 😞 3.36 CGPA and 163 LSAT. I emailed Ottawa and they said I should hear back before July 1st. I also emailed Queen's and they gave me a non-answer so... has anyone ever been accepted this late?

5 hours ago, prelawfemme said:

Those are solid stats, I'm surprised you haven't gotten an offer yet - keep your head up! I'm not sure about Queen's - it seems like perhaps they're behind? I have hope for a solid number who get waitlisted and maybe even a small batch of acceptances. 

I got rejected from Osgoode yesterday as well (such a bummer to receive rejections so LATE, feels pointless to keep us waiting this long). Ottawa is honestly so disorganized, I wouldn't hold out too much hope unfortunately. The first cycle that I applied, they rejected me in Mid-July (no waitlist), and last year in Mid-August (no waitlist), this year it was last week. They give little explanation for why they take so excruciatingly long! I really hope you receive better news from them than I did!

Thank you! Yeah at this point I'm just banking on Queens. I also don't know about Ottawa, and I don't know how likely it is for me to move up from the waitlist at Western. Can only hope for the best. Im just excited to hopefully hear something by the end of this month. Thanks for your reply 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
trashcanofideology
  • Applicant

Anyone else STILL waiting? Admissions told me that all applicants would have an answer by today. Yet, no email/still pending. I feel like I'm getting ghosted...

PacificOcean
32 minutes ago, trashcanofideology said:

Anyone else STILL waiting? Admissions told me that all applicants would have an answer by today. Yet, no email/still pending. I feel like I'm getting ghosted...

Yea same I emailed them earlier this week and they told me that everyone will know if they are waitlisted, accepted, or rejected by the end of this week