Chances threads have made me go insane

ClarkGriswold

ClarkGriswold
  • Applicant

Seems like every single person applying this cycle that’s active on here has a 3.8+ cGPA and 162+ LSAT. If anyone knows what the “average applicant” looks like stats-wise I’d love to know because right now it seems tremendously competitive. 

Maybe the people posting on here aren’t a good representation of the typical Canadian law applicant, but if they are, I’m feeling not so good.

I gotta take a break from this site lol 🙃

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

ClarkGriswold
  • Applicant
Just now, CleanHands said:

Just keep in mind that a law students forum will attract keeners. 🙂

Thank you for this good reminder.

At night when I get tired and extra anxious I might start chanting “CleanHands says they’re the keeners, it’ll be ok ClarkGriswold” to put myself at ease 

• Like 3

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student

agreed. i've been comparing my stats without even having my final LSAT score. i just know i'm going to be glued to this forum and driving myself insane once acceptances start going out 😞

For chances threads, some people also use what they predict their GPA and LSAT score will be at time of application rather than what they actually currently have. When people do this they don't usually state that their stats are a hypothetical. 

Edited by Toad
  • Like 4

Whist
  • Law Student

Don't look at the forum as the be-all end-all for who's applying. The median applicant varies a lot depending on the school. I promise you that people under the 90th percentiles/3.8s get in somewhere, and they don't all get in last minute. (Hi, living proof here, coming from one of the whackiest cycles in recent history. 🙂) If you have the money, apply anywhere you think you have at least an okay shot at. Also, your stats, especially the LSAT, don't matter all that much as soon as you get an offer.