4 classes instead of 5 in a semester

janeproc

janeproc
  • Law Student

Hi, Last year during covid I took 4 classes per semester instead of 5 in order to make my course load more manageable while online. Will this hurt my application chances? I planned to take 4 classes for this semester as well (finishing up my degree and finished in December) but now I'm very nervous and registered for 5 classes just in case it looks bad even though I only need to take 4 now. Thoughts?

59 minutes ago, janeproc said:

Hi, Last year during covid I took 4 classes per semester instead of 5 in order to make my course load more manageable while online. Will this hurt my application chances? I planned to take 4 classes for this semester as well (finishing up my degree and finished in December) but now I'm very nervous and registered for 5 classes just in case it looks bad even though I only need to take 4 now. Thoughts?

Is 4 classes considered "full time"?

Thrive92
  • Applicant
4 hours ago, janeproc said:

It really depends on  which law schools you are planning on applying to. For many law schools, they consider 4 courses to be full - time. However, keep in mind that this may not equate to "full course load", which has a different definition to "full time studies".

Which law schools are you thinking of applying to?

Londonlawyer
  • Applicant

Is there somewhere to specify why you took four? I took 3 one semester bc I switched out of a dual degree program so it messed up my time table a bit too.