A very special thanks to our supporters!

Ryn

Ryn
  • Lawyer

As I mentioned in my announcement opening the forums, I hate advertising on websites. They're annoying, take up space, and track your behaviour on all the sites that are part of the ad network. Instead, you can donate by making a pledge right here on the site if you so desire, which will hopefully one day cover the costs of running this site.

Already, several people have contributed, and I am so incredibly grateful for their support! In recognition, I've designated all contributors of $5 or more as Supporters on the forum. They get a special username colour and a supporter's badge on their posts and their profile. They also get a few other small perks:

• Animated avatar
  • Increased private message storage
  • Increased file storage
  • Access to a private forum where we'll share updates on the community and our future plans

Maybe some more stuff in the future. Thanks again!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Oooooh. I can make my metallic J turn and flash in psychadelic patterns. I mean, I could if I know how to do that type of thing.

BlackPanther
  • Applicant

I want to thank you & people involved with setting this site up very much from bottom of my heart. Thank you for all you do. You completely deserve funding for your initiatives. May you all be blessed 🥰🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

canuckfanatic
  • Lawyer

I'm still waiting for my discretionary one-ban-per-month. But thanks nonetheless.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Ryn
  • Lawyer
9 minutes ago, canuckfanatic said:

I'm still waiting for my discretionary one-ban-per-month. But thanks nonetheless.

That’s where we get to ban you at our discretion once a month, right? 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 6

GreyDude
  • Law Student
17 hours ago, Jaggers said:

Oooooh. I can make my metallic J turn and flash in psychadelic patterns. I mean, I could if I know how to do that type of thing

I want you to do that. 

On 6/8/2021 at 1:47 PM, Ryn said:

As I mentioned in my announcement opening the forums, I hate advertising on websites. They're annoying, take up space, and track your behaviour on all the sites that are part of the ad network. Instead, I've set up a Patreon for people to contribute to if they desire, which will hopefully one day cover the costs of running this site.

Already, several people have contributed, and I am so incredibly grateful for their support! In recognition, I've designated all contributors of $5 or more as Supporters on the forum. They get a special username colour and a supporter's badge on their posts and their profile. They also get a few other small perks:

• Animated avatar
  • Increased private message storage
  • Increased file storage

Maybe some more stuff in the future. Thanks again!

Shouldn't supporters be a better colour then yellow though? Literally any other colour would work. Maybe the colour of money? Which in Canada of course doesn't narrow it down at all 😛

Ryn
  • Lawyer
31 minutes ago, Pyke said:

Shouldn't supporters be a better colour then yellow though? Literally any other colour would work. Maybe the colour of money? Which in Canada of course doesn't narrow it down at all 😛

It's not yellow, it's gold, the only thing that has any real intrinsic value, unlike these fiat currencies... [insert insane conspiracy ramblings about monetary controls]

• LOL 4

2 minutes ago, Ryn said:

It's not yellow, it's gold, the only thing that has any real intrinsic value, unlike these fiat currencies... [insert insane conspiracy ramblings about monetary controls]

#notconvinced.

GreyDude
  • Law Student
21 minutes ago, Ryn said:

If you want to know where gold really comes from, you have only to read Herodotus' Histories, and go to India.  http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=hdt.+3.102.

It's all about the giant ants.

Edited by GreyDude
too many memes!

More serious question: What are "warning points", and how does one 'win' that category? Is this the natural successor to the most community reputation thing? I'm asking for a friend.

Ryn
  • Lawyer
12 minutes ago, Pyke said:

More serious question: What are "warning points", and how does one 'win' that category? Is this the natural successor to the most community reputation thing? I'm asking for a friend.

Warnings are usually used to ban people (temporarily or permanently). Occasionally a warning will be issued without a ban as sort of an official "knock it off" for rule violations. It may be that ls.ca didn't allow users to see their own warnings but it's the same system. Here you can see your own in your profile but not anyone else's. It has nothing to do with the reputation system.

Just now, Ryn said:

I love it 

I just googled "psychadelic gif maker". The internet is a wonderful place.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ryn said:

Warnings are usually used to ban people (temporarily or permanently). Occasionally a warning will be issued without a ban as sort of an official "knock it off" for rule violations. It may be that ls.ca didn't allow users to see their own warnings but it's the same system. Here you can see your own in your profile but not anyone else's. It has nothing to do with the reputation system.

That's no fun. I insist on keeping score.

30 minutes ago, Jaggers said:

I just googled "psychadelic gif maker". The internet is a wonderful place.

Mine is now a livestream of me, after a year stuck in the same apartment. 

2 minutes ago, realpseudonym said:

Mine is now a livestream of me, after a year stuck in the same apartment. 

I like your posts but your avatar is causing me issues... Maybe animated avatars aren't the best idea....

Just now, Pyke said:

I like your posts but your avatar is causing me issues... Maybe animated avatars aren't the best idea....

That's where this is going to become necessary:

18 hours ago, Ryn said:

That’s where we get to ban you at our discretion once a month, right? 

• LOL 2

12 minutes ago, realpseudonym said:

That's where this is going to become necessary:

By the way, I really do appreciate your changing it. Thank you.