A very special thanks to our supporters!

Ryn

Diplock
  • Lawyer
2 hours ago, Jaggers said:

I just googled "psychadelic gif maker". The internet is a wonderful place.

Excellent, dude. Thank you. That's exactly what my new avatar needed.

• LOL 4
  • Nom! 1

Aureliuse
  • Lawyer

I will contribute $10.00 each month if you permit me to "poke" my favorite posters 🙂

Edited by Aureliuse

57 minutes ago, Aureliuse said:

$10.00 each month if you permit me to "poke" my favorite posters

Whoa buddy, I think you’ve got the wrong idea here 👉+👌+💵=🚫

• LOL 4

HammurabiTime
  • Lawyer

What are the privacy implications of signing up on patreon? I'm interested in contributing but curious as to what information is revealed to the administrators of the site as a result.

Information Shared with Creators

If you are a patron, the following information is shared with the creators you support:

Your email address and other profile information.

Any messages you send them through Patreon.

Your physical address, city, state, country, and phone number, if you have signed up for a reward that requires shipping.

All information about your pledge, including amount and start date, but not your full payment card information.

Some aggregated and anonymized data about how you use Patreon that cannot be linked back to any individual user.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, HammurabiTime said:

What are the privacy implications of signing up on patreon? I'm interested in contributing but curious as to what information is revealed to the administrators of the site as a result.

Further to what Kurrika quoted, since the Patreon doesn't require shipping information, the only information I see is the name you put on your Patreon profile and your email address. If you are concerned about privacy, make sure your name and email on Patreon are the same as here.

• ZineZ pinned this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm just bumping this post to remind folks about the Patreon. If you are willing and able, please do consider signing up for it to help cover the costs of the site. It would be wonderful if we could reach a point where we were cost-neutral. 

Plus, animated avatars can be pretty fun 🙂

• Like 2

Thrive92
  • Applicant

How much would I need to pledge to increase my odds of getting accepted into a law school?

Also if I give you my name and my application info, would you be able to provide the letter of reference (contributor to the Canadian legal society)?

Kind of urgent. ty

7 minutes ago, Thrive92 said:

How much would I need to pledge to increase my odds of getting accepted into a law school?

Also if I give you my name and my application info, would you be able to provide the letter of reference (contributor to the Canadian legal society)?

Kind of urgent. ty

For a nice single malt and an actual working N64 controller (not that replica garbage you find in a "vintage" game store these days!), I'll drop your name next time I have a chin wag with Beverley McLachlin. That should be any day now, I swear...

Thrive92
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, Ryn said:

For a nice single malt and an actual working N64 controller (not that replica garbage you find in a "vintage" game store these days!), I'll drop your name next time I have a chin wag with Beverley McLachlin. That should be any day now, I swear...

not bad. I would also like an articling position guaranteed for me by the end of my law school with my 15 dollar a month contribution.

thank you

Edited by Thrive92

HammurabiTime
  • Lawyer
1 hour ago, ZineZ said:

Hi everyone,

I'm just bumping this post to remind folks about the Patreon. If you are willing and able, please do consider signing up for it to help cover the costs of the site. It would be wonderful if we could reach a point where we were cost-neutral. 

Plus, animated avatars can be pretty fun 🙂

How far from cost neutral is the site?

8 minutes ago, HammurabiTime said:

How far from cost neutral is the site?

For some reason, my Patreon has decided that I'd like for currency to be displayed in USD*, so I see it as $$95.72 of $117.32. Which should be $121.96 of $150. We're about $28 short.

@Ryn may have more recent numbers, though.

*yes, I know it should be a relatively easy fix, but it's a Sunday night and I'm about to watch Shang Chi

GGrievous
  • Law Student
7 minutes ago, Jaggers said:

I didn't really spend much time thinking about what the right amount was, but I will up mine if you guys are still short.

This post belongs in the big law lifestyle thread

It's true, another $5 or $10 a month is not really material to me, but I am not sure you have to make $200K+ a year for that to be true. Considering the amount of entertainment and information most of us regulars get from places like this. I spent $6 on a Starbucks latte this week, which was gone in 30 minutes and didn't teach me anything.

GGrievous
  • Law Student
14 minutes ago, Jaggers said:

It's true, another $5 or $10 a month is not really material to me, but I am not sure you have to make $200K+ a year for that to be true. Considering the amount of entertainment and information most of us regulars get from places like this. I spent $6 on a Starbucks latte this week, which was gone in 30 minutes and didn't teach me anything.

oh I was just kidding, but thank you for the contribution daddy J

Edited by Barry
  • Like 1

HammurabiTime
  • Lawyer
2 hours ago, ZineZ said:

For some reason, my Patreon has decided that I'd like for currency to be displayed in USD*, so I see it as $$95.72 of $117.32. Which should be $121.96 of $150. We're about $28 short.

@Ryn may have more recent numbers, though.

*yes, I know it should be a relatively easy fix, but it's a Sunday night and I'm about to watch Shang Chi

I've subscribed, I'll up my donation if it's still short in a month or two.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Barry said:

oh I was just kidding, but thank you for the contribution daddy J

Guess I should have added a few smiley emojis so people wouldn't take it that seriously 🙂

• Sad 1

GGrievous
  • Law Student
46 minutes ago, Jaggers said:

Guess I should have added a few smiley emojis so people wouldn't take it that seriously 🙂

Me too man. There needs to be a “this isn’t serious” font. 

Thrive92
  • Applicant

If I pay the remaining 23.31 dollars to break even, can the mods arrange to make a new badge for me that indicates that I have finally balanced the budget?

Dead serious btw

Edited by Thrive92
  • LOL 1

Renerik
  • Law Student
47 minutes ago, Thrive92 said:

can the mods arrange to make a new badge for me that indicates that I have finally balanced the budget?

If I could make badges I'd hoard them like an eagle scout.

• LOL 1