Proof of enrollment vs Verification of Enrollment

DABMAN

DABMAN
  • Law School Admit

Hi guys,

In the process of trying to get proof of enrollment for my LOC and was wondering if you guys know what the difference is between these 2 (It's under the "Official Western Letters" in the student page)? I'm assuming I need the proof of enrollment to obtain my LOC. 

Thanks

Edited by DABMAN

Sparky
  • Law Student

I don't think you need anything overly formal. I was able to get my funding released just by sending the rep my statement of account. It likely doesn't matter which of the two you use.

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer

I agree with Sparky. Ordering one of those will cost you an unnecessary fee. The statement of account is probably enough, I believe that was sufficient for me as well. I tried looking through my emails but couldn't find the one where I sent the documentation. Definitely don't pay for a letter and wait for the mail to arrive, though.

goosie
  • Lawyer

Pro tip: you can also get a free proof of enrollment letter here. I found this out after I spent $41 getting a proof of enrollment letter couriered to me from central admin (& it arrived late anyway 🙃). Western Law emailed me the free letter literally the next business day.

• Thanks 2

DABMAN
  • Law School Admit
25 minutes ago, goosie said:

Pro tip: you can also get a free proof of enrollment letter here. I found this out after I spent $41 getting a proof of enrollment letter couriered to me from central admin (& it arrived late anyway 🙃). Western Law emailed me the free letter literally the next business day.

Thanks, do you know if this has the program name and start and end date for the term?

goosie
  • Lawyer
53 minutes ago, DABMAN said:

Thanks, do you know if this has the program name and start and end date for the term?

It does. I submitted it to TD for my own SLOC & it was approved by them.

• Thanks 1