Chances: 3.9, 163

Russ01892

Russ01892
  • Law School Admit

Hello, never thought I would be making this post due to an extremely poor LSAT score last year, but I was wondering what you guys think my chances are for TRU, U of A, U of C, U of Sask and UVIC. 

My cgpa is 3.4, My L2 (4.33) is 3.9 and on 4.0 is 3.74. B2 is 4.08. My second attempt LSAT is 163. EC- work experience throughout entire undergrad and some volunteering. 

Would rewriting the LSAT in November be a disadvantage for admissions?

Thanks a lot and I appreciate any input!

maybemaybe
  • Applicant

I think you'd for sure get into UofA. Thats an index of 250 which is well above the safe threshold. Last year, most people had indices above 245 and before that I believe it was usually above 242. Your stats are good but keep in mind that UofC is pretty holistic. Can't speak too much about the others however with TRU, be cautious applying there. I believe there was a previous post here that said they rescinded a substantial amount of offers this cycle sometime in august

Thrive92
  • Applicant

You are highly likely to be accepted into TRU, U of A, and U of C. Your B2 also makes you a great candidate for U of sask.

I would not recommend you to spend another 200 dollars US to redo the LSAT when you are extremely likely to be accepted into all of your choice schools (except for UVIC, which looks at an applicants' cgpa dropping some of your worst courses).

However, I guess it can be just as well argued that there is no loss in retaking the LSAT again.

Good luck

Russ01892
  • Law School Admit
On 9/14/2021 at 3:02 PM, maybemaybe said:

I think you'd for sure get into UofA. Thats an index of 250 which is well above the safe threshold. Last year, most people had indices above 245 and before that I believe it was usually above 242. Your stats are good but keep in mind that UofC is pretty holistic. Can't speak too much about the others however with TRU, be cautious applying there. I believe there was a previous post here that said they rescinded a substantial amount of offers this cycle sometime in august

Thank you for the response! I’ll defensively consider what you said about TRU

On 9/16/2021 at 7:14 PM, Thrive92 said:

You are highly likely to be accepted into TRU, U of A, and U of C. Your B2 also makes you a great candidate for U of sask.

I would not recommend you to spend another 200 dollars US to redo the LSAT when you are extremely likely to be accepted into all of your choice schools (except for UVIC, which looks at an applicants' cgpa dropping some of your worst courses).

However, I guess it can be just as well argued that there is no loss in retaking the LSAT again.

Good luck

Thanks for the feedback!