Chances: 3.8/4.33 GPA (3.56 OLSAS), 164 LSAT+ Retake Advice?

lndrmcl

lndrmcl
  • Law School Admit

Hi everyone,

I'm applying to UVic, UBC, TRU, Osgoode, Queen's, and Western and wondering what my chances are.

As stated in the title, GPA is 3.8 on the 4.33 scale and my OLSAS GPA is 3.56.

L2/B2/B3 (OLSAS): 3.86

My top choice is UBC, but using Ryn's GPA calculator, my UBC CGPA with drops comes out to an unfortunate 81.59% so UBC seems next to impossible at this point. I took the August 2021 LSAT and was rather disappointed with my score (I underperformed my PT average by 3-4 points). I want to give myself a decent shot at UBC and am pondering an LSAT retake, but the issue is that I've just started a one year master's program overseas, so my only option to retake the LSAT is in January. I'm worried that by the time scores come out in February, it may be too late for UBC because so many acceptances have already gone out. I'm also conflicted about a retake because my master's program is quite rigorous, and I'm worried that I'll end up with the same score due to nerves (and therefore have wasted time studying when I could have been focused on my master's).

If anyone has any advice for me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thrive92
  • Applicant

You are highly likely to be accepted into TRU.

For UBC or Uvic, you may need to recalculate your cgpa with their drop policies.

As for the other law schools, I am not sure: I do not know anything about Ontario law schools.

Good luck

lndrmcl
  • Law School Admit
17 hours ago, Thrive92 said:

You are highly likely to be accepted into TRU.

For UBC or Uvic, you may need to recalculate your cgpa with their drop policies.

As for the other law schools, I am not sure: I do not know anything about Ontario law schools.

Good luck

My Uvic cgpa with drops comes out to 3.87. UBC as mentioned above is an unfortunate 81.59.

Would it be best to retake the LSAT with those stats?