Chances: 3.94, 172 LSAT

Frengie2

Frengie2
  • Applicant

Hello everyone,

I am currently in my fourth year at the University of Windsor and am hoping to apply to both Windsor Law and U of T in Ontario. I was just wondering how I stood with my stats as I know admissions have become more competitive in recent cycles. I am also applying to a few T-14 American schools but if I got accepted to U of T that would definitely be my number one choice. Thanks in advance for any and all advice!!

Electricity
  • Law Student

Last year's cycle was a little more competitive across Canada and the U.S., but it only really affected borderline candidates. You're a first round draft pick even for UofT so you've got nothing to be worried about. Good luck. 

• Like 2

Kobe
  • Law Student

Was going to say same thing, you seem pretty well 100% at U of T even with the increased numbers last year you are still above both 75th percentiles. Also, really good shot at HYS and will certainly have offers from the other t-14s. 

• Like 1

Darth Vader
  • Lawyer

Save your money on the Windsor application unless you can show a strong geographical connection. They routinely reject applicants with stats as high as yours because the assumption is that you would not accept your offer even if admitted. 

Frengie2
  • Applicant
6 hours ago, Electricity said:

Last year's cycle was a little more competitive across Canada and the U.S., but it only really affected borderline candidates. You're a first round draft pick even for UofT so you've got nothing to be worried about. Good luck. 

That is great to hear!! Thank you so much for the feedback and the well wishes!

5 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Save your money on the Windsor application unless you can show a strong geographical connection. They routinely reject applicants with stats as high as yours because the assumption is that you would not accept your offer even if admitted. 

Is that so? I understand the reasoning for sure but as a person who was born and raised in Windsor and attended UWindsor for my undergrad do you think they would still reject me? 

5 hours ago, Kobe said:

Was going to say same thing, you seem pretty well 100% at U of T even with the increased numbers last year you are still above both 75th percentiles. Also, really good shot at HYS and will certainly have offers from the other t-14s. 

Thank you so much for the reply, I will definitely try a few t-14 schools and see how it goes. I’ve heard that as a Canadian student my chances of getting into American schools decrease considerably because I am considered an international student. Do you know how greatly this could reduce my chances of getting accepted? Thanks so much for your help. 

Edited by Frengie2

Kobe
  • Law Student
34 minutes ago, Frengie2 said:

That is great to hear!! Thank you so much for the feedback and the well wishes!

Is that so? I understand the reasoning for sure but as a person who was born and raised in Windsor and attended UWindsor for my undergrad do you think they would still reject me? 

Thank you so much for the reply, I will definitely try a few t-14 schools and see how it goes. I’ve heard that as a Canadian student my chances of getting into American schools decrease considerably because I am considered an international student. Do you know how greatly this could reduce my chances of getting accepted? Thanks so much for your help. 

I have heard and talked to admissions officers who say this is not true, especially as Canadians because there's no worry about language skills. Numbers are really king, the biggest thing they care about is US News rankings. So if you are above both medians it is very likely you'll be accepted as this helps the school move up in rankings.   

But some schools like UChicago do take very few internationals, so in specific cases it could be true. I would say you are 100% in and probably with $$$ at some t-14s.

Edited by Kobe