Improving my chances this cycle

livitup1233

livitup1233
  • Applicant

I posted before about this but I applied last cycle, was waitlisted at western and then did not get in (LSAT 162, cGPA 3.36 L2 3.7). I applied to queens and ottawa and didnt get in. I have mediocre extracurriculars, 2 pretty good references and currently I am working full time. I plan on re writing the LSAT this November because I think I can for sure get 165+. Is there anything else I should be doing to increase my chances? Someone I know told me he is doing a certificate program in criminology to boost resume and I now am feeling like I should be doing more. Western is my first choice

Thrive92
  • Applicant
15 minutes ago, livitup1233 said:

Someone I know told me he is doing a certificate program in criminology to boost resume

Law schools do not prefer one academic program from another. I am assuming this individual means that an additional certificate on top of his bachelor's degree would boost his resume.

As for your chances, sorry I cannot help you: I do not know anything about Ontario law schools. Good luck though

livitup1233
  • Applicant
10 hours ago, Thrive92 said:

Law schools do not prefer one academic program from another. I am assuming this individual means that an additional certificate on top of his bachelor's degree would boost his resume.

As for your chances, sorry I cannot help you: I do not know anything about Ontario law schools. Good luck though

Yes sorry! They are doing it to add on to their resume but they already have a Bachelors, he just feels his Bachelors is not relevant and he wants to boost his app. Is this something that is worth my time too?

Renerik
  • Law Student

While I suspect medians will go down slightly this cycle, you're putting a lot of eggs in few baskets for a reapplicant if you're only applying to UWO, Queens, Ottawa. Have you looked into schools out west, DAL, or windsor?

• Like 2

ClarkGriswold
  • Applicant
6 hours ago, Renerik said:

Have you looked into schools out west

*Have they looked into a particular school in a province that is east of British Columbia and west of Saskatchewan

• LOL 3