Fall 2022 Applicants & Current Index

colombianskiingteam

colombianskiingteam
  • Applicant

Hey y'all

Hope your doing well. Just writing this to identify what the competition is looking like this admission cycle for Robson. Knowing we have just finished two hyper competitive cycles I am wondering if this one will be any different and what to expect for my first application. 

Current index score: 69.66 (AGPA:3.33, LSAT160)

I am rewriting the LSAT in October & aiming for a 165. Fingers crossed it works out as it will raise my score that much more. 

Hoping to hear back & good luck with your applications! 

• 2 weeks later...
Timmy23
  • Applicant

I believe the auto-admit index score has traditionally been around a 77 and it sounds like most people who got admitted later in the cycle were slightly below that... is your GPA converted on the 4.5 scale?

• 1 month later...
JudgingJudy
  • Law School Admit
On 9/22/2021 at 10:01 PM, colombianskiingteam said:

Hey y'all

Hope your doing well. Just writing this to identify what the competition is looking like this admission cycle for Robson. Knowing we have just finished two hyper competitive cycles I am wondering if this one will be any different and what to expect for my first application. 

Current index score: 69.66 (AGPA:3.33, LSAT160)

I am rewriting the LSAT in October & aiming for a 165. Fingers crossed it works out as it will raise my score that much more. 

Hoping to hear back & good luck with your applications! 

how did you calculate your index score?

colombianskiingteam
  • Applicant
On 10/5/2021 at 1:32 PM, Timmy23 said:

I believe the auto-admit index score has traditionally been around a 77 and it sounds like most people who got admitted later in the cycle were slightly below that... is your GPA converted on the 4.5 scale?

Sadly GPA is calculated on the 4.5 already. As I stated in a different reply, I screwed up early on & have an assortment of useless unneeded courses in my GPA calculation. You would not believe the damage 5 additional B's can cause. 

I wasnt sure if last year was abnormal as it looks like offers went down like crazy & the stats were not anywhere near as detailed.

Thanks! 

On 11/6/2021 at 1:14 PM, JudgingJudy said:

how did you calculate your index score?

The applicant bulletin has the formula. IIRC it is (((LSAT-120)/60)*50)+((AGPA*50)/4.5)

JudgingJudy
  • Law School Admit
7 hours ago, colombianskiingteam said:

Sadly GPA is calculated on the 4.5 already. As I stated in a different reply, I screwed up early on & have an assortment of useless unneeded courses in my GPA calculation. You would not believe the damage 5 additional B's can cause. 

I wasnt sure if last year was abnormal as it looks like offers went down like crazy & the stats were not anywhere near as detailed.

Thanks! 

The applicant bulletin has the formula. IIRC it is (((LSAT-120)/60)*50)+((AGPA*50)/4.5)

okay and this GPA that you inser into this formula - is your cgpa not your l2? 

colombianskiingteam
  • Applicant
16 minutes ago, JudgingJudy said:

okay and this GPA that you inser into this formula - is your cgpa not your l2? 

Yes this is your cGPA, not L2

• 1 month later...
thelawbean
  • Law Student
21 minutes ago, Applicant_1010 said:

Does anyone have an idea if the U of M has begun giving offers yet? 

This is from the applicant handbook for this year: "The Early Offer score will be established sometime in February, once all applications have been assessed. To qualify, an applicant must have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours and have written the LSAT by November 2021. All applicants who meet these criteria, regardless of application category, are automatically considered." https://umanitoba.ca/explore/sites/explore/files/2020-12/law-bulletin.pdf

Last year first offers went out in very early February!

Edited by thelawbean

RickyJulian
  • Applicant
On 11/11/2021 at 7:27 AM, colombianskiingteam said:

Hey, 

is your GPA including credit drops? If you had 5 additional B’s that are bringing your GPA down then they could be dropped if you have a certain number of credits completed by December 31, 2021. 

• 1 month later...

Am I correct in assuming that if you meet the index cutoff (~77) but wrote the LSAT in January is it still likely that you'll get an offer, just not early.

They wait until all applications are assessed before sending early offers. If you wrote the LSAT in January and your index is above the cutoff, you'll receive an offer at the same time as everyone else.

27 minutes ago, jakethelegalsnake said:

Anyone know if they round up? My index is a 76.94 lol 

Probably not but the Early Offer score will be established sometime in February and it may be lower than 77 this cycle.

You should be in the first round.

Edited by NowOrNever
  • Thanks 1

RobsonHallHopeful
  • Law School Admit
4 hours ago, jakethelegalsnake said:

Anyone know if they round up? My index is a 76.94 lol 

They go down to the 100th decimal so your index will be 76.94 with no rounding unless it was 76.945+ & then in that case I don't know if they round up based on 1000th's. I think I have 76.91 index. 🙏 We make the early admit cut off. LSAC data is currently showing that Manitoba reported 4% less applications this year & LSAT scores look like they were a bit lower too.

Edited by RobsonHallHopeful
  • Thanks 1

law2022questionmark
  • Applicant

Law hopeful here with a 77.1 index score. It's a hard month doing the waiting game. Just wondering, where are you getting this information from with the rounding and the 4% less applications and LSAT scores? I'd love to look at the source material if you're willing to share. 

• Like 1

RobsonHallHopeful
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, law2022questionmark said:

Law hopeful here with a 77.1 index score. It's a hard month doing the waiting game. Just wondering, where are you getting this information from with the rounding and the 4% less applications and LSAT scores? I'd love to look at the source material if you're willing to share. 

My info on index scores  being based on 100th decimals is from my application last year. The admissions team emails applicants their index scores when the wait-list rankings are released. The info about Manitoba's applications being down 4% this cycle came from the LSAC's current volume summary, specifically under the region category of the report.

Congrats to all who have recieved offers! I applied in the "Individual Consideration" category and was wondering if anyone knows the timeline for that. Are the "regular category" offers usually made first? Thank you and best of luck to everyone! 

queen_elizadeath
  • Applicant

Ugh, guys, I'm just feeling a little anxious right now seeing as so many early offers have gone out.

My stats are LSAT 158, AGPA 3.96ish. Index score 75.66.

Do I even have a chance? I know I don't qualify for early offers, and I plan to try and write the LSAT again to see if I can make 160, I guess I'm just looking for a bit of guidance. It seems like everyone else has these astounding 165+ LSAT scores and I'm feeling like kind of a goof! 

RobsonHallHopeful
  • Law School Admit
3 hours ago, queen_elizadeath said:

Ugh, guys, I'm just feeling a little anxious right now seeing as so many early offers have gone out.

My stats are LSAT 158, AGPA 3.96ish. Index score 75.66.

Do I even have a chance? I know I don't qualify for early offers, and I plan to try and write the LSAT again to see if I can make 160, I guess I'm just looking for a bit of guidance. It seems like everyone else has these astounding 165+ LSAT scores and I'm feeling like kind of a goof! 

If you're a Manitoba resident you have a fair shot & if not it could go either way (based on expecting this cycle will be slightly easier than last year). Can't really say until the early cutoff is released & wait-list ranks come out. If you don't get in this year your AGPA is still high af & a slightly higher LSAT would get you in.

Crosstrek
  • Law Student

Does anyone know where they are at with the current index score? I’m wondering if I even have a chance. Applied with an index score of 75.05 and I’m a Manitoba resident.

hellolegal
  • Applicant
22 minutes ago, Crosstrek said:

Does anyone know where they are at with the current index score? I’m wondering if I even have a chance. Applied with an index score of 75.05 and I’m a Manitoba resident.

My index score is 76.77 and I am a Manitoba resident and I have not received an offer yet. Hoping it's still early and Ill hear something soon! GL 🙂