Current Ottawa Student - 3.65 cGPA 157 LSAT

lawyer2023

ClarkGriswold
  • Applicant

Did you apply last cycle? Also, were you an access applicant? 

Edited by ClarkGriswold

lawyer2023
  • Law Student
On 9/28/2021 at 3:34 PM, ClarkGriswold said:

Did you apply last cycle? Also, were you an access applicant? 

I did not apply access, I was general. I only applied once and was accepted!

• Thanks 1

ChillingReign
  • Applicant

Not to stress anyone out, more so to just let reality sink in. I had ever so slightly higher stats and was rejected at Ryerson waitlisted everywhere else and admitted at Queens. At the end of the day stats aren't the only role. I did have decent softs (legal background, and research assistant position); but, I suspect my statement of intent was sub-par. So, my best advice to those with good but not amazing stats is to make sure your written statement (and interviews) are really good. Also I think most of us have to admit the admissions process is a bit of a lottery. The system is by no means objective or utterly consistent so if you don't get in, don't give up and don't feel that you are a failure!

• Like 2