Gauging My Chances

Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki
  • Applicant

Hey Team, 

According to lawapplicants.ca my cGPA/L2 is 3.62. Although I don't find the L2 figure to be accurate, literally only had one B+ and the rest being A's . Best three is 3.82. And my highest LSAT score is 158. I graduated from YorkU and they use a 9.0 scale, which I find to provide inconsistent GPA figures when using conversion platforms. 

Also, I don't know how people calculate their B2 grades. would be interested to know how y'all get your numbers. One Caveat is that, I have always taken 4 courses and not 5(full course load) while working 25+ hours a week. 

I'm applying to Queens, uOttawa, Windsor, Osgoode, and Ryerson. what are your thoughts. be as brutal as possible.

lastly, im looking forward to write the LSAT two more times. debating on whether I should push the November one to January, in order to focus on providing a solid application in terms of PS, sketch, and etc, and take my last attempt in Feb, 

Any thoughts are welcome (: 

Lycidas
  • Law Student

I would say you have shots at Windsor and Ryerson. Maybe Queens/Western but not a high chance. I would get that LSAT up if you want a shot at a top school though. No one will care that you took 4 courses as opposed to 5, especially if you were working. 

Do not push the LSAT to January. You will miss the first round of admissions. 

• Like 1

Lilbb19
  • Articling Student

I got into Queens, Uottawa Western,  and Osgoode with worse stats. 4 classes is a non issue. 

Edited by Lilbb19
  • Like 1

QueensDenning
  • Articling Student

Get your LSAT up. I think that with your current LSAT, your very unlikely to get into Queen's/Western. @Lilbb19's experience seems like an outlier, as I know a lot of people with better stats than you that were denied from all those schools. I also had considerably better stats and was denied from Osgoode and UofT. 

• Like 3

Naruto Uzumaki
  • Applicant
11 hours ago, Lilbb19 said:

I got into Queens, Uottawa Western,  and Osgoode with worse stats. 4 classes is a non issue. 

Ey, nice! congratulations! How astounding was your Personal Statement and EC's lol?

1 hour ago, QueensDenning said:

Get your LSAT up. I think that with your current LSAT, your very unlikely to get into Queen's/Western. @Lilbb19's experience seems like an outlier, as I know a lot of people with better stats than you that were denied from all those schools. I also had considerably better stats and was denied from Osgoode and UofT. 

Thank you for your input! and yes, i'd assume the same as well with @Lilbb19's situation. I guess it's time to improve the LSAT score.