3.60 cGPA, 3.85 B2/L2, 159 LSAT

KDsBurnerAccount

KDsBurnerAccount
  • Applicant

Applying to every school in Ontario other than UofT. What're my chances?

- 3.60 cGPA, 3.85 B2/L2, 3.96 B20

- 159 LSAT 

- EC's and LOR are both nothing special

Naruto Uzumaki
  • Applicant

To be honest, I just spoke to a friend who is at Queen's Law and he got in with his B2 being 3.9 and his LSAT score being 157. I think you're good 🙂

• Like 1

Piffle
  • Law Student

OP, I definitely think you sport a fighting chance. 

For what it’s worth though, I had relatively comparable stats and applied last cycle (2020/2021) to a handful of Ontario schools. The only one that accepted me was Queen’s, and I got in at the very end of June, after every other school rejected or waitlisted me.

My profile was:

•  cGPA: 3.45
  • B2/L2: 3.82
  • LSAT: 162
  • Softs (volunteering/work): nothing extra-ordinary

As for the degree to which your somewhat higher cGPA versus my somewhat higher LSAT would make a difference – I’m afraid your guess is as good as mine. And also, I’m just a sample size of n=1 out of all applicants.

But maybe my experience can help you guage your expectations. In any event, good luck! You are definitely in the running.

Edited by Piffle
  • Like 2

KDsBurnerAccount
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, Naruto Uzumaki said:

I think you're good 🙂

55 minutes ago, Piffle said:

In any event, good luck! You are definitely in the running.

Thank you both for your replies! Fingers crossed I get an acceptance from somewhere.

Electricity
  • Law Student

It depends a lot on where you want to go. If you'd be happy going anywhere in Ontario, you can rest assured at least one school will take you. The likelihood of you getting rejected everywhere with those stats is very low. 

That being said, I think you're right on the border for Queen's/Western/Osgoode. If you're really gunning for one of these schools, go back and rewrite the LSAT. You may need to improve by just a few questions to break into the 160s, and this makes a pretty big difference on your application. Good luck. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
شخص غريب
On 9/30/2021 at 5:43 PM, Piffle said:

OP, I definitely think you sport a fighting chance. 

For what it’s worth though, I had relatively comparable stats and applied last cycle (2020/2021) to a handful of Ontario schools. The only one that accepted me was Queen’s, and I got in at the very end of June, after every other school rejected or waitlisted me.

My profile was:

•  cGPA: 3.45
  • B2/L2: 3.82
  • LSAT: 162
  • Softs (volunteering/work): nothing extra-ordinary

As for the degree to which your somewhat higher cGPA versus my somewhat higher LSAT would make a difference – I’m afraid your guess is as good as mine. And also, I’m just a sample size of n=1 out of all applicants.

But maybe my experience can help you guage your expectations. In any event, good luck! You are definitely in the running.

Hey, I know this is rather late, but could you tell me if your GPA was downward trending or upward trending?

Federale
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, Linen said:

Hey, I know this is rather late, but could you tell me if your GPA was downward trending or upward trending?

Obviously it's upwards if his B2/L2 is higher than his CGPA

Piffle
  • Law Student
On 10/17/2021 at 12:49 AM, Linen said:

On 10/17/2021 at 2:24 AM, Federale said:

Obviously it's upwards if his B2/L2 is higher than his CGPA

This is a late reply, but I hope you'll still see it.

My GPA was most definitely upward tredning. In fact, my 3rd + 4th year GPA put together was uncompetitive for admissions. So I bit the bullet and took a 5th year of extra non-degree undergrad courses solely for the purpose of getting my 4th and 5th year (i.e., what would become my B2/L2) to a 3.8+. 

During my first 3 years of undergrad I had a low-3 (around a B-ish) average.

It wasn't until late into my 3rd year/early 4th year of undergrad that I decided I wanted to go to law school. But once I decided, I deliberaltely put in the effort into school and got nothing below A minuses.

I'm not sure how much of my educational background will be comparable to yours, but if it's any encouragement, just know that people of all stripes and backgrounds end up getting accepted! Good luck!

Edited by Piffle