Academic Reference Question

amourstar

amourstar
  • Applicant

It has been a while since I have taken courses in university, and the only professor that I was close with has agreed to be my reference but has not been responsive for a month (I cannot visit her office either because she's currently not teaching). Other professors are either unresponsive or have told me that they could not be my reference as too much time has passed. I am getting a little worried hence that I may not be able to secure an academic reference.

I have taken a certification program outside of my own university (at an art university) but I haven't included that as part of my post-secondary education (because it's not exactly a degree program with grades). I was wondering if I ask professors who has taught me at the art university they would still count as academic references?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Edited by amourstar

ProudCrocodile
  • Law School Admit

Perhaps email the Adcom of the schools your are applying to would be helpful, as they could have different policies on this issue.

• Like 1