Chance me please -> cGPA 3.86 / B2 3.98 / LSAT 161

nitzy

nitzy
  • Law School Admit

I feel pretty decently about my stats but I wanted some outside opinions. I am planning to apply to: UAlberta, Dal, Queens and UNB.

For financial/personal reasons I would ideally like to go to Alberta but obviously will be thrilled to get in anywhere. Do you think that four schools is enough or should I cast a wider net to ensure I get in somewhere?

• Lawyer
35 minutes ago, nitzy said:

I feel pretty decently about my stats but I wanted some outside opinions. I am planning to apply to: UAlberta, Dal, Queens and UNB.

For financial/personal reasons I would ideally like to go to Alberta but obviously will be thrilled to get in anywhere. Do you think that four schools is enough or should I cast a wider net to ensure I get in somewhere?

Lol chill. Posts like this are starting to become ridiculous. You have an A average and LSAT score above the 80th percentile. Alberta is no U of T. You will get in with those stats. 

Electricity
  • Law Student
On 9/29/2021 at 9:27 PM, nitzy said:

Do you think that four schools is enough or should I cast a wider net to ensure I get in somewhere?

Nah, you're good. 

• Like 1

Pantalaimon
  • Lawyer

I believe UofA is a L2 school, not B2. Assuming your L2 is somewhere north of your cGPA you're above average for that and around average for LSAT, so good chances.

• Like 1

nitzy
  • Law School Admit
11 minutes ago, Pantalaimon said:

I believe UofA is a L2 school, not B2. Assuming your L2 is somewhere north of your cGPA you're above average for that and around average for LSAT, so good chances.

Sorry, I should have been more clear - My best two is also my last two. (Can I edit that in the title? I will try)

With a 3.98/161 you're probably looking at a January acceptance at the U of A.

Having a few safety schools is nice, but out of the 15+ years of accepted threads I've read through for the U of A, there is not a single year where a 3.98/161 wouldn't be an easy acceptance. 

• Like 1

nitzy
  • Law School Admit
37 minutes ago, Toad said:

With a 3.98/161 you're probably looking at a January acceptance at the U of A.

Having a few safety schools is nice, but out of the 15+ years of accepted threads I've read through for the U of A, there is not a single year where a 3.98/161 wouldn't be an easy acceptance. 

thank you very much for your insight! 🙂

Thrive92
  • Applicant

As others have stated above, you are more than likely to be accepted into U of A with the stats of L2 3.98 and the LSAT of 161. U of A has been known to be a stats - specific school compared to other law schools, so the chances of you getting rejected or even waitlisted with those stats are extremely unlikely.

For Dalhousie, there is a specific index formula in which you can input your stats to see if you are likely to be admitted (thanks to @Renerik's post in the subforum) --

[(GPA/4.3)*60]+[(LSAT–120)*40/60]

An index score of over 80 indicates that you are likely to be admitted.

I would have input it for you, but I do not know your L60 gpa from a 4.3 scale.

Good luck.

Edited by Thrive92
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nitzy
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, Thrive92 said:

As others have stated above, you are more than likely to be accepted into U of A with the stats of L2 3.98 and the LSAT of 161. U of A has been known to be a stats - specific school compared to other law schools, so the chances of you getting rejected or even waitlisted with those stats are extremely unlikely.

For Dalhousie, there is a specific index formula in which you can input your stats to see if you are likely to be admitted (thanks to @Renerik's post in the subforum) --

[(GPA/4.3)*60]+[(LSAT–120)*40/60]

An index score of over 80 indicates that you are likely to be admitted.

I would have input it for you, but I do not know your L60 gpa from a 4.3 scale.

Good luck.

Thank you! This is really helpful.