Chance me 3.0 CGPA 3.15L2 169 LSAT

Frenchcumberstone

Frenchcumberstone
  • Applicant

Hi all I was just wondering about honest chances for this upcoming year. I realize that my CGPA and L2 makes it very unlikely for most schools. The two main schools I am looking at are Calgary and TRU as they are most holistic. I also have two years of government work post graduation and a large amount of work experience during undergrad to pay for my schooling.

Thank you for any insight.

Thrive92
  • Applicant

Is there a particular reason as to why your L2/CGPA is relatively low (extenuating circumstances, etc)?

As for U of C and U of A, courses taken after your undergraduate degree and as an unclassified student may be included in your L20/L60 calculations (keep in mind that for U of A, the courses must not be 1xx level courses).

TRU also views courses taken after your undergraduate degree as a plus, but to my knowledge the courses may not be factored into your L20 calculations (although this policy may have changed as it was the case last cycle).

Depending on which province you are located in, taking a few online courses from Athabasca or TRU - Open Learning and receiving high marks may drastically increase your odds for acceptance.

U of C and TRU also counts only the highest grade of a course should the course be repeated (again, this policy may have changed for TRU but for U of C it seems to still be the case). U of A do not do this unless one of the two grades for the repeated course is a fail -- otherwise, they average both scores. Replacing a grade of a B- to an A, even for a single course, may dramatically increase your L20/L60 gpa.

Good luck.

2 hours ago, Frenchcumberstone said:

Hi all I was just wondering about honest chances for this upcoming year. I realize that my CGPA and L2 makes it very unlikely for most schools. The two main schools I am looking at are Calgary and TRU as they are most holistic. I also have two years of government work post graduation and a large amount of work experience during undergrad to pay for my schooling.

Thank you for any insight.

Try Manitoba and UNB.