Took easy course load through University, Will this effect admissions?

Mikesmith

Mikesmith
  • Applicant

4 courses per semester mostly, and always in my L2. And would always mix in a few first and second courses every semester. Will these be seen as negatives by admissions committees? 

I assume these are your target schools based on your previous post. Reposting them so that people responding in the future can see and provide targeted information. 

Chance Me LSAT 166 cGPA 3.45 L2 3.7

applying to western, queens, osgoode, u of t, Dalhousie Alberta and Calgary

I don't know about the other schools, but unless something has changed, the University of Alberta would not care. A 3.7/166 would be a safe January admit.

Note: I stopped following updates to their application process after I was accepted in 2018. 

Edited by Toad
  • Like 1

stressedoutlawstudent
  • Law Student

It's hard to say. I mean if all the courses you mention are titled in a way that suggests they are bird courses like "basket weaving for beginners" then maybe. But I wouldn't really worry about it if there's a mix. 

• Like 1

Mikesmith
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, stressedoutlawstudent said:

It's hard to say. I mean if all the courses you mention are titled in a way that suggests they are bird courses like "basket weaving for beginners" then maybe. But I wouldn't really worry about it if there's a mix. 

Mixed in with my upper year classes I took my first year writing course (which is required an I had neglected), and then took electives that interested me (astronomy etc) 

stressedoutlawstudent
  • Law Student

That all sounds fine. Also I took 4 courses per term and I got into law school. Your stats are very similar to mine too, like almost identical except your CGPA is better but my L2 was a bit higher and we got the same LSAT. 

• Like 1

Mikesmith
  • Applicant
55 minutes ago, stressedoutlawstudent said:

That all sounds fine. Also I took 4 courses per term and I got into law school. Your stats are very similar to mine too, like almost identical except your CGPA is better but my L2 was a bit higher and we got the same LSAT. 

Nice, where did you get in?

stressedoutlawstudent
  • Law Student
9 hours ago, Mikesmith said:

Nice, where did you get in?

Got into Osgoode first and since it was my first choice I didn't wait for any other offers. Only applied in Ontario though.

• Like 1