Should I completely rewrite my PS after not getting in last cycle?

livitup1233

livitup1233
  • Applicant

I got waitlisted at Western but obviously didnt get in so I am re applying. I also applied to Queens and Ottawa w the same personal statement. Should I completely rewrite it? I honestly felt pretty good about it and have no clue how to improve it without improving my ECs and work experience which I have no time to do. I am rewriting my LSAT and am hoping to improve by 3+ points, I feel confident that I can do so. Should I be okay w my PS

QueensDenning
  • Articling Student

You seem to have answered your own question here. If you have no clue how to improve it, and feel pretty good about it, then don't re-write it. If you're worrying that the Adcoms will remember it or something - they won't.

• Like 1

GreyDude
  • Law Student

Some schools explicitly say they want you to have changed your PS if you reapply. Since you seem to be applying to only three schools, why not just write and ask them?

Edited by GreyDude

Londonlawyer
  • Applicant
On 10/4/2021 at 12:22 PM, livitup1233 said:

I got waitlisted at Western but obviously didnt get in so I am re applying. I also applied to Queens and Ottawa w the same personal statement. Should I completely rewrite it? I honestly felt pretty good about it and have no clue how to improve it without improving my ECs and work experience which I have no time to do. I am rewriting my LSAT and am hoping to improve by 3+ points, I feel confident that I can do so. Should I be okay w my PS

Hey! I was waitlisted at Queen's and Western too. I'm rewriting mine bc I wrote my PS last year really last minute (would not recommend). If you don't have a specific component that you can improve, don't edit it just to edit it in my opinion. Happy to review it if you'd like, feel free to DM me 🙂

• Thanks 1