WES Transcript Not Showing Up on OLSAS

LordBONSAI

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

Hi. I studied abroad for a semester, so according to OLSAS's policy, I requested WES to evaluate my transcript in August. So far, I have not seen it appear on my document list. WES record shows they already mailed the transcript. I wrote to OLSAS and got the reply that they would not process WES transcripts until after the deadline. Still, I am a bit concerned since I have no idea whether OLSAS has got the mail from WES. If it has not, will my application be affected? 

Edited by LordBONSAI

Sevenup
  • Applicant

Same here. I got my entire education outside of Canada.

It seems that the OLSAS will only process WES transcripts after we submit our application, or after the deadline.  I heard this from other posts in international posts.

ProudCrocodile
  • Law School Admit
On 10/13/2021 at 10:25 PM, LordBONSAI said:

I am a bit concerned since I have no idea whether OLSAS has got the mail from WES.

I asked the same question through SAM and OLSAS replied the same, they also confirmed that the mail from WES was received. You could ask them to confirm that.

• Like 1

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
On 10/16/2021 at 4:54 AM, Sevenup said:

Same here. I got my entire education outside of Canada.

It seems that the OLSAS will only process WES transcripts after we submit our application, or after the deadline.  I heard this from other posts in international posts.

I have no idea about the int'l students. I guess for those like me who have wholly or partially studied abroad, our applications may be processed later than students with transcripts only from Canadian institutions. Just finger-crossed this won't diminish our chance of being admitted because of timing. 

Edited by LordBONSAI

amourstar
  • Applicant

I thought it says on the transcript requirements that WES is not required for exchange programs? It says: "A WES evaluation is not required for courses taken as part of an exchange program, as long as transfer credits for these courses appear on the home university transcript." I am panicking a little because I went on study abroad/exchange and did not submit WES. Was this a requirement?

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
34 minutes ago, amourstar said:

I thought it says on the transcript requirements that WES is not required for exchange programs? It says: "A WES evaluation is not required for courses taken as part of an exchange program, as long as transfer credits for these courses appear on the home university transcript." I am panicking a little because I went on study abroad/exchange and did not submit WES. Was this a requirement?

I think you're fine. Just make sure you've added the exchange school to your academic background. I requested WES certification because my transcript included a summer session that was not part of the exchange program.

Edited by LordBONSAI
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I also did my entire education outside of Canada. I got WES to evaluate my transcript but OLSAS is not showing it as received. I'm hoping it's just a delay. Anyone else in this boat?

Bananapple
  • Applicant

WES told me that they send everything electronically to OLSAS.
So you should probably send a message on SAM if it’s been more than a week since WES said they sent it