How Accurate is lsutil.azurewebsites.net, "Your chances" ranking?

mfhim

mfhim
  • Applicant

The "Your chances" tab of the website gives a "very high" "high" "moderate", etc... ranking. Anyone care to share their experience, of what they said and whether you ended up getting in? I'm curious to know how accurate it has historically been.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
RickyJulian
  • Applicant
On 10/20/2021 at 1:58 PM, mfhim said:

The "Your chances" tab of the website gives a "very high" "high" "moderate", etc... ranking. Anyone care to share their experience, of what they said and whether you ended up getting in? I'm curious to know how accurate it has historically been.

Thank you

Not accurate for sure. For example someone with an 82.8% GPA and 164 Lsat gets an index score 91.34 and is considered very high and if you look in past threads you’ll see it’s very unlikely someone will get in with this index score in the general/regular category. Also index scores for UBC are getting a little higher it seems.

99problems
  • Lawyer

It is somehow accurate. It mostly depends on how strong/weak your application is. If you have a strong application, your chance would be "very high," which is the case. And if you have low stats, then your chance would be "very low," which is also true. But if you are somewhere in between, then it is not necessarily accurate as it does not factor in your ECs, personal statement, and other elements of your application.

At this time, the only thing that can get improved is your LSAT score since your GPA wouldn't change much in one or two semesters. So if you are not happy with your LSAT score, rewrite it. But if you are satisfied with your score, then you have done pretty much everything in your control.

Good luck!

That website is pretty old. It was probably more helpful back in 2015 when I wrote it. The more recently updated lawapplicants.ca website is probably more useful but is now also getting pretty out of date. It’s likely the chances prediction function will be retired in the next year because it’s not something I have the time to maintain and the data on which it’s based is getting old. 

• Like 1